Quick note from drop down menu - ways to make first line of text as subject instead of not very helpful date of creation?

Hi, I'm still on evernote classic because of one single feature: the evernote classic quicknote drop down menu notes are saved with the first line of text as title of note, not the date. The new versions name the note solely as a date, which over time makes it impossible to know what the note is about (who knows what I wrote about just by reading a title such as "01-10-2010")

Would anyone have a recipe to do an easy kind of "search and replace", search notes that are only unidentifiable date numbers and replace title from date to first line of note? Or another solution to this?

Evernote says this is not at all in their priorities in the near future, to bring back this feature or give the option (chose date or first line as title of drop down quick note, which seems very simple to bring back?) so I guess I'm alone in this.

I might start exploring other software before evernote classic fails, would anyone have a recommendation for a Note taking app that does offer this feature instead of evernote?

Thank you

• Level 5*

Hi.  There's a third-party freemium app called Filterize that I use to sort and tag my notes - it could also run a check on titles and (possibly) replace a missing or date-only title with something from the content.  I've not looked into the replacement idea,  but from what I already know it shouldn't be totally out of the question.  And the developers are open to new ideas,  and this one might appeal to them.

You can now use note fields in the searched text when replacing title parts. This allows you to e.g. do a dynamic replace in the note title depending on the value of a user-defined variable.

Level up your productivity | Filterize

• Level 5

Using version 10, the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+N will start a new note in its own window from anywhere you are on a Windows computer. Whatever you type in the first line of this note will become its title when you use Shift+Tab to move into the title field. I don't know if this would get you what you need, but it might be worth experimenting with.

• Like 1