View two notes at the same time and work on them at the same time

Go to solution Solved by Jon/t,

Hello! Please help me:

I would like to have two notes open at the same time and work/edit them at the same time as well. One note would be a pdf where i mark passages and the other note next to it would be a simple document where i can write things down. Is this somehow possible? Ideally in the desktop version but if anyone has a solution for the browser version, then this would be fine also.

I have the newest windows version and vivaldi browser, but i could also do it on chrome.

• Level 5

On desktop you can open any note in a new window - menu notes, open in new window. You can have many notes open this way, but each one in one window only (plus in the main app).

In the web client, start another session in a new browser tab, navigate it to the second note, switch between tabs.

Not possible on mobile, only one open note allowed at any time.

• Like 1

6 ways -- off the top of my head to open a note in a new window:

(1) Right click on the note in the note list view and select "Open in New Window"

image.png.4ef1fbfc8710d40e8a8e075e2ea8edc3.png

(2) You can also press Cmd-Enter (on Mac, not sure what the Windows shortcut is, but there is one) here instead of right-clicking when the list has focus here

(3) Or right click on it from the side bar:

image.png.f52928cd216fbcd2dc601d1cb11dd316.png

(4 and 5) You can also double-click on the note in the list view or in the side bar and it will open it in a new window.

(6) Tap the three icon button in the top right-hand corner of the editor window and select 'Open in new window'

image.png.f9172e0073b94972662a92f4aecdd067.png

• Solution
23 hours ago, Frozen Nick91 said:

I have the newest windows version and vivaldi browser, but i could also do it on chrome.

For Vivaldi you could open two instances of the web version and use the Tiled Tabs feature to run either side by side. Done this a few times when needs to refer to another note on web. Excellent browser!

• Like 2