Trouble deleting a certain note

Go to solution Solved by Boot17,

I am using the latest version of Evernote, as of Sept. 30, 2022. I am using EverNote Basic.

There's this certain note that I keep trying to delete but to no avail.

image.png.fa15855e2df1002c3fd89b7d3332c70c.png

No matter how long I wait, it just shows that it's loading (see pic above).

image.thumb.png.97fa8e3118478ca21d581af1eb46df0e.png

Every time I left-click, it's just completely blank, as in no title, no format, no template- nothing, just a completely blank page. Then, every time I right-click, nothing happens, a context menu doesn't even show up. (see pic above)

image.png.206ca47348765721860fab4ba57ffb88.png

When I try to drag it to "Trash", all it says is "You need permission to move this note to Trash." (Whose permission? I'm the creator and sole user of the note)

And here's the thing: it's already deleted on the Evernote mobile app; but on the web app, it's still there.

I really, really, really need help on deleting this note. It's driving me nuts! Can anyone please give me some tips or anything that might help?

• Evernote Expert

Have you tried uninstalling the app and then reinstalling?

If that doesn't work then your only option is to get help from Evernote which will mean paying for one month to be able to open a support ticket.

• Solution

I have that same issue too -- from Sept 14th and it's still there!

image.png.39f6c28527388dfd7717073e89cadc83.png

Of course it is way down in my list of notes and I actually forgot about it until now.

I think you could try going to Preferences -> Application and then uncheck 'Keep a copy of my notes on this device at sign-out', Sign Out, and then sign back in (and re-check that preference if you want)'

image.png.20a62003fe0b526f8341afc78e1e9a6d.png

On 9/30/2022 at 7:12 PM, agsteele said:

Have you tried uninstalling the app and then reinstalling?

If that doesn't work then your only option is to get help from Evernote which will mean paying for one month to be able to open a support ticket.

Actually, I have and the note is still there, unfortunately.

On 9/30/2022 at 10:03 PM, Boot17 said:

I have that same issue too -- from Sept 14th and it's still there!

image.png.39f6c28527388dfd7717073e89cadc83.png

Of course it is way down in my list of notes and I actually forgot about it until now.

I think you could try going to Preferences -> Application and then uncheck 'Keep a copy of my notes on this device at sign-out', Sign Out, and then sign back in (and re-check that preference if you want)'

image.png.20a62003fe0b526f8341afc78e1e9a6d.png

Tried that and it worked. I did that (see quote above), then signed in at Evernote Web (on Chrome browser, not the app), signed out, uninstalled and then reinstalled the web app, then signed into the web app. I saw that it worked.

Oh, and it works if you select "Remove my Evernote data from this device" when a "Keep local data?" message pops up. I think it also works even if you don't uninstall and reinstall the web app. I did the uninstall/reinstalling just to be sure.

Thanks a lot! I've been trying to get rid of that note for weeks.

• Like 1