Two questions about Home page

Go to solution Solved by ViktorN,

I would like to have a better understanding how home page exactly works. I have two questions:

Is there a limit on number of widgets I can have on the home page? It seems that yes. In my case it is 12. Can you confirm? Is there a plan to eventually increase it?

There is an information on your support page: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058119773  that Home screen layout synchronizes across Windows and web interfaces but it shouldn't synchronize with Android. This would be a desired behavior because layout on a small mobile display is different. It seems however that the Home screen synchronizes across all  platforms (Android, Web and Windows in my case). How it should work?

Unlocking all home screen features was the reason why I recently upgraded my subscription. It would be great if you can share some insight about it.

Last but not least, I would like to give you a positive feedback. I really enjoy working with Evernote. It has become even more useful after I have learned some tips and tricks from "Building the Second Brain" book. Thank you.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I think the practical limit to the number of widgets is how many you can see in the drop-down list.  Only Professional and Teams subscribers can have more than one copy of a widget.  What limits apply to those accounts,  probably only Evernote knows.  You may have gathered that the Forums here are mainly supported by other users,  so unless it's been published somewhere on a Help page,  or someone has used a feature in the same way that you wish to,  we can only guess.

As a subscriber you can certainly contact support with such queries - if you do,  we'd be grateful if you could share the responses with us!

Note:  depending on what sorts of widget you're looking to set up,  there may be ways to get the same result using saved searches or external resources like Filterize.  I use Filterize forinstance to run my to-do lists,  which are automatically-refreshed tables of content which include 1) open tasks with due dates of today or earlier 2) open tasks due in the next 7 days starting tomorrow 3) open tasks with dates from tomorrow + 8. 

• Solution

I have contacted support and I have answers to my inquiry for those who are interested:

#1 - Yes there is currently a limit of 12 widgets on the home page for Professional users. It is a little bit disappointing. Of course, I don't intend to have hundreds of widgets. Nevertheless, only twelve is a little bit low, in my opinion.

#2 - Home page synchronization works in a following way: the widgets are synchronized across all platforms. The layout of the home page is synchronized only in desktop and web interfaces. Reordering widgets on your mobile should not affect layout of the home screen in a desktop app. I guess it makes sense.

• Thanks 2