(Archived) PDF Missing Plug-in?

mbartner

Idea

I recently started seeing notes that have PDF content displaying "MIssing Plug-in" in place of the PDF itself.

I know this is probably not actually something "broken" in Evernote, but rather a bad update from Apple/Adobe, but wanted to see if anyone had a fix for it anyway?

Attached is what it looks like in a typical note with this issue:

post-17094-131906068971_thumb.png

9 replies to this idea

I'd start with a full reboot. If that doesn't work, I'd try browsing from Safari to a PDF file and see whether you can load PDFs in Safari on that computer. E.g. search for this in Google in Safari:

type:pdf tax

And then click on one of the [PDF] files there to try to open it in the browser.

I made those changes to Java, didn't seem to change anything. However, looking back through older notes, I see that some PDF files are showing up, and if I create a new note from a PDF it's working. So, I'm thinking at this point that there was something wrong when I created the PDFs and put them into Notes (which can't be fixed because it is an error with PDF itself), but all seems to be working well going forward.

Thanks!

Nope, the import gave me back the same "broken" note as before - there was an error message when I imported it [see photo attached] - given the size [bytes!] it clearly doesn't have the PDF content in there anywhere, which means it was "bad" from the point of being created, I think.

post-17094-131906068985_thumb.png

I'm working with a MacBook, when I log into evernote I can see attached docs, when I access it through Safari or Firefox I see a message, "Plug in Missing." I tried to reset Java to default as previously recommended but had no luck. Can you provide some help?

Archived