Create link to note

marcuskim1989

Idea

It would be awesome if I could long press on a line of text and link to a note or notebook.

long press on a line of text or word > “link to note/notebook” > select note/notebook > boom, link create

And also:

long press on a line of text or word > “link to note/notebook” > create new note/notebook > **note creation** > “done” > taken back to orignal line of text or word

I’d like to be able to tap on “make morning routine” and be taken to the note where I describe my morning routine. Then I can navigate back with the “<“ in the top right

9B6BAC5E-7C0B-4F86-89C8-3A94CC52A3C5.png

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5

LYou think it would be awesome for you, based on a very specific use of EN.

EN needs to decide what would be awesome for 250 Million users. Adding hidden features, overcomplicating the app through it (especially for a very specific workflow or use case) in this context is often not awesome, it is awful.

Adding a link works through the blue + button, as adding any other specific content. It may not be as elegant, but it works along the design concept of the UI. No surprises while using the app.

Beside this the mobile app can only open one single note at any time. I am not sure that selecting a second note for a link would work within of this system limit. To make a link, the GUID of the second note needs to be read, which probably means opening it. In that moment, the first note will be closed.

@marcuskim1989 I like your idea. Doing this would be similar to the feature requests for linking to a note in place in the Desktop app (by typing '[[' or some other method to bring up a search for an existing note).

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Adding a link works through the blue + button

Doesn't this only work for web links though? It'd be nice if you could search for an existing note to link it too.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Beside this the mobile app can only open one single note at any time. I am not sure that selecting a second note for a link would work within of this system limit.

You could do it in a similar way that you move a task (on mobile) from one note to another (or move the task to a new note).