(Archived) Email notes w/o images?

I tried emailing some web page stuff to evernote (using the Send To option on the Google toolbar).

Gmail doesn't embed an image this way -- it hotlinks it.

Once in evernote the image doesn't come in.

Is this the planned, expected behavior?

When you currently email a message to your Evernote account, we build a note based on the message and its attachments. If you're sending an email that doesn't include its images, this may happen.

(You could clip directly to Evernote to cut out the middleman using either our native clippers or the web-only clipper from our site.)

Once POP3 (not IMAP) would be available I can pull in notes via Gmail. Then I can go back to just using the clipper. Or maybe down the line we can automatically forward?

Another email question/observation: it would be great if (a la Flickr) I can add tags to the note. Also, it would be nice if I could have a default notebook for emailed notes which would be different from the regular default.

Once POP3 (not IMAP) would be available I can pull in notes via Gmail. Then I can go back to just using the clipper. Or maybe down the line we can automatically forward?

Another email question/observation: it would be great if (a la Flickr) I can add tags to the note. Also, it would be nice if I could have a default notebook for emailed notes which would be different from the regular default.

I think a definable "default" tag for the various methods of adding data to EN would be very useful, I could see some great uses when adding several notes from various sources and not being able to effectively access your primary viewpoint, i.e. using a mobile device to send pictures, text messages, etc.; stopping at the library (Internet cafe?) and sending a few Gmail (copied to EN); then using your home desktop PC as your "standard" EN platform (Hmmm ... I hope that makes some sort of sense, I do tend to ramble on at times ;))

Archived