I want to delete a page from a note...

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Hi-I am using 10.44.8 on my 2020 M1 MBP. In the past to delete a page from a note I would use the Annotate feature and delete it there. That doesn't work now. So I google searched and saw a post in the Evernote forum about opening it up in Preview and doing the deleting there and saving it back into Evernote. I did that and got this message... See screenshot. If I choose to Edit it in Evernote it displays correctly but it doesn't display correctly once I go back to note. What is the proper way to delete a page so that it does display correctly in Evernote? Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 9.51.35 AM.png

4 minutes ago, mrstucci said:

Hi-I am using 10.44.8 on my 2020 M1 MBP. In the past to delete a page from a note I would use the Annotate feature and delete it there. That doesn't work now. So I google searched and saw a post in the Evernote forum about opening it up in Preview and doing the deleting there and saving it back into Evernote. I did that and got this message... See screenshot. If I choose to Edit it in Evernote it displays correctly but it doesn't display correctly once I go back to note. What is the proper way to delete a page so that it does display correctly in Evernote? Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 9.51.35 AM.png

I know this will not be much of a help, I use Adobe Arobat Pro an can open my embeded PDF's in Evenrote using it and can fully edit add & delete pages etc then resave it back to EN.   

Thank you, bmcl26. Preview does the same thing but the end result once it is saved back in Evernote is not good. I am not sure what the difference would be between Preview and Adobe Acrobat Pro other than the cost. I would prefer to just use Preview for that reason but it seems like it doesn't integrate into Evernote. I will hope that someone can tell me how to get Preview and Evernote to work together. But I appreciate you posting a solution! 

• Level 5

Preview does everything:

1. Open the note, select the attachment, choose „Open“ from the popup menu
  2. The pdf will open in Preview. Now edit whatever you want to edit.
  3. Once you hit „Save“, the changes are saved back into the note. When you are done, use the „Close window“ command (cmd-W) to close the file in Preview and return the edited pdf into EN. 

EN needs to run all of the time in the background. When you close it before you are done with editing, it can’t save the changes. EN devs talked about showing the edits taking place in the note live, while it was happening in Preview, but I am not sure they got this implemented already.

Thank you, Pink Elephant. That's what I have done but unfortunately for the change to show up I have to quit Evernote and open it again, then the change appears. I have contacted Evernote and told them about this. Maybe it's a bug or it could be just me! Anyway, thank you everyone for the replies and help. 

• Level 5
  • Solution

Works for me in all cases I tried.

For better control: Open the note in a new window. You see the page count in the header of the pdf.

Open the pdf from the note in Preview. Select a page, hit delete. Now in Preview File menu select „Save“.

What you should see now after a short moment is that the EN window flickers a bit. After it, the pdf has been saved in the note, and the page count will show one page less.

You can now control in the note and in Preview that the two PDFs show the same content.

Using „Close window“ works as well. It is not necessary that the note must be in a own window, it works from the main window as well. It will just take a blink or two to make the changes save in EN.