Tasks suddenly stopped on MAC OS

Tasks suddenly stopped updating on MAC.

Task work and appear as normal on iPad, iPhone, Web version but suddenly stopped updating in MAC. This happened 2 weeks ago and I've had the Computer off for two weeks while sick, and coming back today, problem continues so It's not about re-starting.

Everything is up-to-date - Mac and App

Your advice will be appreciated. 

• Level 5

Likely your local database on the Mac is corrupted. 

You could try this:
  1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
  5. Let the initial download run, and leave the app open. It will take a while to download the full content, for offline use.
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Pinkie!

You should change your name to Gold elephant!  That was a golden piece of advice. All fixed.

I've reset the default to keep data on the Mac which I hope is the correct thing to do. Seems logical.

And by the way, the re-sync was instant.

Cheers

Colin

COLIN PEARCE  MA, Dip. Theol., Dip.T., Cert IV (TAA), CSP | 

Storyteller | Author of ten books | 

Professional Speakers Australia Nevin Award Winner || 0403 181 368 | colin@colinpearce.com | PO Box 303, Unley, SA, 5061 | www.colinpearce.com

Follow me on TwitterFacebookLinkedIn  YouTube

Two simple notes about privacy:

1. The contents of this email are for the person to whom it was addressed by name so if that's not you, please advise us and/or the person and help us get it sorted out.

2. In accordance with the Australian Commonwealth Government’s National Privacy Principles we are proud – and glowing with it – when we tell you that we won’t give your details to anyone.

Thanks Pinkie!

You should change your name to Gold elephant!  That was a gold cup piece of advice. All fixed.

I've reset the default to keep data on the Mac which I hope is the correct thing to do. Seems logical.

And by the way, the re-sync was instant.

Cheers

Colin

COLIN PEARCE  MA, Dip. Theol., Dip.T., Cert IV (TAA), CSP | 

Storyteller | Author of ten books | 
Professional Speakers Australia Nevin Award Winner |
| 0403 181 368
| colin@colinpearce.com | PO Box 303, Unley, SA, 5061 | www.colinpearce.com
Follow me on TwitterFacebookLinkedIn  YouTube

Two simple notes about privacy:

1. The contents of this email are for the person to whom it was addressed by name so if that's not you, please advise us and/or the person and help us get it sorted out.
2. In accordance with the Australian Commonwealth Government’s National Privacy Principles we are proud – and glowing with it – when we tell you that we won’t give your details to anyone.

• Like 1