For a few days now, Evernote doesn’t save my text in the notes anymore

When adding text to an existing note, then ticking the green arrow to save, all my text is gone. So far, it appears when I use my iPad on iOS 15.6.1.

Probably a bug which I please ask you to urgently solve. Otherwise I cannot use Evernote anymore.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I take it that you're not an Evernote Teams user.  Please share your actual Evernote client type and (I'm guessing) the browser you're using for access.  The green arrow means your content is saved,  so why you're losing data I don't know.  No-one else appears to be having the same issue...

This has been happening to me too!!! I’ve searched and searched for a reason or solution, and contacted customer service:

Twice this week I have opened the app to find that my most recent note is 99% gone. In both cases I had written incredibly long essays (important personally and professionally to me) and SAVED them, as I have been doing for the decade I’ve been using the app. I closed the app as usual and when I opened it again later, only the first paragraph of each essay remained. If this is a technical glitch of the new version it is catastrophic to those of us who have come to rely on the security of Evernote. This app has been my best writing friend for so long and I will be devastated if my work is gone and irretrievable. 

Hi gazumped, true. I use the iPad app - no browser. And it does happen to others as you can see. I already wrote the client….otherwise please specify where I find the info you ask for. Thanks 😊 

• Level 5

1) We are users, we don’t solve anything. If you feel an issue needs attention, open a support ticket.

2) This issue already has attention, and as a first approach (personally I don’t call it a solution) this help article was published:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/217930798

It works, I tried it myself 2 or 3 times already. It is important you notice the iOS client does not save - if you then kill the running app, your content is lost, because iOS will close the sandbox in which the app is nested. You can only save your content while the app is still running !

I have used Apple Notes as a parking lot for my content, because it takes all type of information, including pictures or attachments. And it is available on all Apple devices.

• Like 2