Was there an update for Evernote Desktop LEGACY Sept 2022, please?

• Level 5

Well ... "the management" seldom looks in on this forum (if ever), and you would need to send them some feedback to make this request. You can always ask. If you have a paid subscription, go to https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. If not, go to the Web client, click on your account name, then click Share feedback in the drop-down dialog.

AFAIK, Evernote has not said that they will discontinue the Legacy version, nor that they will continue to let it interact with their server databases forever. We who still use it are kind of guessing; I liked it, but now that I've gotten used to v. 10 I actually like it much better, and plan to discontinue using v. 6 in the near future. It is possible to back up the local database from v. 10; there are threads in the forum discussing it, if that's what's holding you back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Evernote Expert
18 minutes ago, ha-kg said:

Quite simply, the statements and wishes of the users here in the forum do not interest the management.

That may be true but I'm not sure how that relates to the OP's question. Anyway, the Legacy software has been retained for those that want it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

And I just deleted a post from another user that seemed totally irrelevant to anything going on here...  C'mon folks;  if you're going to contribute to the discussions,  please make them useful,  amusing or at least coherent!

On 9/9/2022 at 5:25 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Well ... "the management" seldom looks in on this forum (if ever), and you would need to send them some feedback to make this request. You can always ask. If you have a paid subscription, go to https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. If not, go to the Web client, click on your account name, then click Share feedback in the drop-down dialog.

AFAIK, Evernote has not said that they will discontinue the Legacy version, nor that they will continue to let it interact with their server databases forever. We who still use it are kind of guessing; I liked it, but now that I've gotten used to v. 10 I actually like it much better, and plan to discontinue using v. 6 in the near future. It is possible to back up the local database from v. 10; there are threads in the forum discussing it, if that's what's holding you back.

Thanks, I have taken your advice but by a different route.

• Like 1

I am using the legacy desktop version for Windows.

As of a few days ago (October 2022), Sync has failed every time I have tried it.

Synchronization failed
Could not connect to Evernote server

The question is:

Is this an unintended consequence of some update or is it the end of Windows desktop version?

I like working off-line and really do not want to connect to the Internet all the time.

I have Sync set for manual so that it doesn't sync unless I want it to.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm still running a pre-legacy public version in Windows 10 and a Legacy version in Win 11 alongside EN v10,  and I don't currently have any sync issues.  Legacy having been deprecated,  there won't be any updates to it,  but most other apps will still get their regular boost.  It may be that something else changed on your system or in your network,  but it wouldn't appear to be Evernote...

This should still be relevant.. Tips for troubleshooting syncing issues