Using Evernote Mobile on Samsung A7 telephone.

Using the Evernote Android version occasionally while at home is a little tiresome, but when I'm away from home the Android version is a real pain for me in syncing and specially the scanning, I suspect much of the problem may be the device, I'm using a Samsung A7 telephone. Is this telephone just underpowered for the latest version of EN.  If so, could someone recommend an Android telephone more suitable telephone. 

Thanks

Doc.

10 hours ago, agsteele said:

Can't say about the A7. I have a OnePlus 8 with 8gb RAM and 128 gb storage and it does along.

Is it fast for both note retrieval and creation? How long does it take to save a small note?

• Evernote Expert
10 hours ago, eric99 said:

Is it fast for both note retrieval and creation? How long does it take to save a small note?

I don't notice any significant delay retrieving or saving. I only create short notes on the move. I can't time the save - it is insignificant.

But I know others have a different experience. I suspect that hardware isn't the only issue. Note size may be an issue. The number of notes in an account may also be an issue. I couldn't say. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, agsteele said:

I don't notice any significant delay retrieving or saving. I only create short notes on the move. I can't time the save - it is insignificant.

But I know others have a different experience. I suspect that hardware isn't the only issue. Note size may be an issue. The number of notes in an account may also be an issue. I couldn't say. 

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that saving can be performant, at least on some phones

I don't think note size or the number of notes is the issue: as I already mentioned, my A50 sometimes takes up to 2 minutes for saving a note with a few words of text ( total notes = 3700).

On 9/6/2022 at 10:09 AM, doctorkeo said:

Using the Evernote Android version occasionally while at home is a little tiresome, but when I'm away from home the Android version is a real pain for me in syncing and specially the scanning, I suspect much of the problem may be the device, I'm using a Samsung A7 telephone. Is this telephone just underpowered for the latest version of EN.  If so, could someone recommend an Android telephone more suitable telephone. 

Thanks

Doc.

I have the Samsung A70 and it works quite well for me.