Images in notes via "Clip image to Evernote" not rendering

Go to solution Solved by FrankC,

I've reported this as a possible bug - but wondering if anyone else is having a similar problem ?

I'm finding that images I clip from websites using right-click/Clip image to Evernote are not rendering in the note. I just get a filename or string of characters.

Screenshots or full page clips work as normal.

I've done the usual stuff : removed/re-installed the Web Clipper & Evernote. Cleared the database. Rebooted etc.

• Level 5*

No problems here,  but if you've provided the URLs to Support they'll be able to take a look at the originals.  As long as you have alternatives to secure your image/ clip I'd say there's no big deal.  I'm happy to get 98% hits on my clips - from time to time there are oddities that need a little extra help for a clip to succeed that means I need a third-party app like XNVief or Nimbus Screenshot to get a picture which I can then attach to a note.

On 8/31/2022 at 5:25 PM, gazumped said:

No problems here,  but if you've provided the URLs to Support they'll be able to take a look at the originals.  As long as you have alternatives to secure your image/ clip I'd say there's no big deal.  I'm happy to get 98% hits on my clips - from time to time there are oddities that need a little extra help for a clip to succeed that means I need a third-party app like XNVief or Nimbus Screenshot to get a picture which I can then attach to a note.

True - there are often a few ways to copy an image. However, I prefer the "Clip Image" option for some things as it saves a "clean" copy of  the image without any selections or fuss. I use "Screenshot Captor" as my alternative method.

Bug report is in progress - at least one other person has mentioned this problem on the Chrome extensions "Support" tab. The clipper was updated on August 25th, so I guess it happened then.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Evernote Expert
17 hours ago, Jorge Diaz Tambley said:

Same problem here... how do I revert to 7.25?

Do you test the web clipper before releasing a new version

You roll back to an earlier version via the browser add-on directory depending upon the browser you use.

There is no 'you' here. We're all users. If you want to ask the question you need to open a support ticket.

On 9/13/2022 at 11:03 PM, Jorge Diaz Tambley said:

Same problem here... how do I revert to 7.25?

Do you test the web clipper before releasing a new version?

Regards

I used the instructions here : https://medium.com/@AntonioKowatsch/how-to-use-older-versions-of-chrome-extensions-d8bd40bd1e4a

There is no "official" source for extension archives, but the 2 mentioned seem to be regarded as reliable.

To do the "Load Unpacked" part you need to toggle on "Developer Mode" in the top RHS of the Manage Extensions screen.

I have exchanged a few emails on this problem with support and they are working on the issue.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...