Please stop popup adverts for (at least) paid customers!

It is extremely annoying that every time I open this app as a paid subscriber I get a massive popup in my face to "Subscribe to Premium".

It actually made me think my subscription expired so wasted time checking that I am actually still a paid Personal user you just promote your higher level package.

No thank you I do not need that - especially as it would be a completely useless update for my usecase. If I'd need Premium I'd get Premium.

Why do I need to justify every single day that I don't want to change my package? This was supposed to be a productivity app not something that deliberately annoys me..

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
On 8/31/2022 at 3:27 PM, jhstn said:

I get a massive popup in my face to "Subscribe to Premium".

I'd be surprised too - Premium is no longer available.  Did you mean 'Professional' ?

Evernote do market their upgrades pretty heavily,  but I don't see popups when I open the app.  Are you using the installed client or the web version?

If you find the nagging intrusive or offensive,  then by all means feed that directly back to Evernote* via an app or Support

* mainly other users here.

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

You'll see in other threads that some users have found that accepting the offer to upgrade but then cancelling before completing seems to remove these reminders. Perhaps that will work for others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
9 hours ago, gazumped said:

I'd be surprised too - Premium is no longer available.  Did you mean 'Professional' ?

You are right it was about Professional.. old habit calling it Premium I guess.

Btw just when I finished complaining about the massive banner, now I get this 😫

Whats next, pasted into every new notes? :D

Screenshot 2022-09-02 at 10.58.51.png

Screenshot 2022-09-02 at 10.17.33.png

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Thanks...  remember we're mainly all users here,  and may have seen something similar once or twice (though some much less than others for some reason...??)

Have you already raised this with support and tried the suggested accept-and-back-out deferral plan?

4 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Thanks...  remember we're mainly all users here,  and may have seen something similar once or twice (though some much less than others for some reason...??)

Have you already raised this with support and tried the suggested accept-and-back-out deferral plan?

based on what I've read on this forums, suggestion are not really listened/acted on. I've decided after 10+ years its time to cancel my subscription.

As user requests are not listened at all, and getting adverts + barebone extra features which are not needed and solved way better by other apps is just not for what I've signed for. I paid for a productivity note taking application which is now slow (even the ARM version on a maxed out MBP Max) to load, slow to sync, cant set basics like line heights, custom fonts gone since years.. and throwing me fullscreen adverts while editing a note.. etc.

I refuse spending more time contacting support or come up with hacks.. this is the opposite of productivity.

• Evernote Expert
31 minutes ago, jhstn said:

I refuse spending more time contacting support or come up with hacks.. this is the opposite of productivity

If course your choice but you think that switching to a different app will save you time? Certainly not in the short to mid-term. By all means register your annoyance by leaving but don't kid yourself that it will make you more productive - at least not for awhile.

2 minutes ago, agsteele said:

If course your choice but you think that switching to a different app will save you time? Certainly not in the short to mid-term. By all means register your annoyance by leaving but don't kid yourself that it will make you more productive - at least not for awhile.

I've already introduced other products in my workflow as before the ARM release Evernote was unbearably slow on an m1 mac and I've benefitted instantly. This adverts are just the final straw for me as I've already reduced my evernote usage to Archive only because of the good OCR support on pdfs.

I agree I've had to go through some short term loss of productivity while adapting to a new workflow but its already worth the effort. Don't get me wrong, I was super happy with evernote for many years but considering my needs it is going to the wrong direction.

Of course I guess everyone has their choice of reporting this kind of annoyances and keep expecting a change for the better - I hope it eventually gets amended for them - , I just don't have the patience I guess, especially as I've looked up in this forum when did people start complaining about it and still unaddressed.

• Level 5

We have a proverb „Don’t try to stop travelers from traveling  …“.

Good luck, whatever you want to use now. I avoid „Instead“, because all the threads about alternatives have told me there is no „instead“ for EN. There are just other solutions, that work good, sometimes even better than EN, depending on the individual use cases. Often enough they don’t work as good, but people who want to travel will make the move anyhow.

As it says, who wants to travel will travel, even if at destination he will only find - himself.