(Archived) How do you see a Notebook's size?

AFAIK, the only way is on the iPhone. You can go to the sync screen, offline notebooks & it will display your notebooks & their sizes. I don't know if it works the same way, if you don't have a premium account (which does not allow offline notebooks.)

I'm not really sure what the purpose would be for desktop clients, other than just an FYI thing. When you're wanting an offline notebook on your phone & have to consider space limitations of your phone, that's a different story. Which is why I suspect that was added. I would guess this would be pretty low on the priority scale for desktop clients, though.

I'm not really sure what the purpose would be for desktop clients

the desktop clients sync with the mobile clients so knowing how large a note is can help in me deciding whether to put it in a synced notebook or an offline notebook.

the desktop clients sync with the mobile clients so knowing how large a note is can help in me deciding whether to put it in a synced notebook or an offline notebook.

The desktop clients do show the size of each note. At least the Windows one does.

I'm not really sure what the purpose would be for desktop clients

useless when you have pages of notes of various sizes in one notebook as i would guess many users have.

I don't know where you're going with this. IF, you want to know the size of a note, in order to know which notebook to put it in for iPhone (which I admit, I don't get, since note size has nothing to do with what notebook I put a note in), the desktop clients do this. If you want the size of a NOTEBOOK, that's a different deal & as I said, you can find it on the iPhone & I don't know what purpose it would serve on a desktop client. It's helpful on an iDevice, to know the notebook size, in case you may be running low on storage space. That's rarely a consideration on a desktop client.

Perhaps if you cited a use case, it would be more helpful.

Archived