Spellcheck works in English but not with other languages

Go to solution Solved by JasonMendoza,

• Evernote Expert

The spell check in Evernote links to the current language in use with your operating system.  So, if you are running an English language OS then that is what you get for spell check. At present it isn't possible to support two languages at the same time.

• Evernote Expert

Evernote should pick up the one that is current.  It cannot select from both at the same time. I haven't tried, but it may even be the display language. Try using French as your keyboard language. If that doesn't check in French, change the display language to French as well.  Does that switch to French.  DO let us know what you discover, It might assist others in the future.

19 hours ago, JasonMendoza said:

I've emailed evernote to ask the developers to enable this and they said they would work on it

I'm curious what email address you used to do this? I've only heard of people issuing support tickets or hitting the Evernote account up on Twitter. Every once in a while an EN employee will post in these forums too. It would be great if you could share the correspondence of that email here...

17 hours ago, Boot17 said:

I'm curious what email address you used to do this? I've only heard of people issuing support tickets or hitting the Evernote account up on Twitter. Every once in a while an EN employee will post in these forums too. It would be great if you could share the correspondence of that email here...

team@comms.evernote.com

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 6:30 PM, agsteele said:

The spell check in Evernote links to the current language in use with your operating system.  So, if you are running an English language OS then that is what you get for spell check. At present it isn't possible to support two languages at the same time.

Just that option ?! We pay for a product that doesn't have the basic feature of a note taking app. Any free/open source project supports multi language spellcheck. Ridiculous!

• Level 5
  1. Stop paying and move on.
  2. Send feedback, and hope for a modification.
  3. Issue a support ticket, and hope for a fix.

That covers it all, I think. Actually EN is not the only app I have that just works by using what is installed in the OS. Since you claim that „Any“ other app would support it, your post is already proven wrong.

Here are many users who would be happy about an improved language support. What I think we don’t need is the „support“ of somebody who uses silly, easy to falsicate arguments to promote a good cause. This is no help, thanks for nothing.