Missing features from old Evernote...

composer

Idea

I am a long time paying user of Evernote. After all these years I am used to a certain workflow. After switching from the old to the new Evernote to I have a few comments / feature requests:

1) I miss the keyboard shortcut to delete text formatting (was shift-command-F on Mac). Now there only is a button in the  Please add this shortcode again.

2) I use a lot of internal links to other Evernote notes. When I control click such an internal link, the note opens in a new window. When I close this new window, I used to see the window with the link that I clicked again. Now I see the main Evernote window. Please fix this. 

3) The shortcode for paste with format used to be shift-option-command-V, like in other mac apps like pages. Now it changed to shift-command-V. Please bring back the old shortcode. Or make it possible to change keybord shortcodes. 

4) I miss the sync button. Please bring it back and/or show some visual feedback when syncing automatically. I have the feeling that not everything is synced automatically between my desktop and mobile app. Especially not the menu with shortcuts to notes and when adding or removing tags.

5) When I create a new note, the cursor used to be in the title area. Now it is in the notes area. Cannot get used to it... :(. 

Thanks!

Wouter

3 replies to this idea

6 hours ago, composer said:

5) When I create a new note, the cursor used to be in the title area. Now it is in the notes area. Cannot get used to it... :(. 

I'd like the option to change this too. It slows things down having to click in the title area, type the title, and then click the notes area again. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, composer said:

I miss the keyboard shortcut to delete text formatting (was shift-command-F on Mac). Now there only is a button

Are you sure? There are windows shortcuts for both simplifying and removing formatting. (Help -> keyboard shortcuts)

image.png.d89041e5b9ecd8d30aa14aa95d0806af.png

1 hour ago, composer said:

2) I use a lot of internal links to other Evernote notes. When I control click such an internal link, the note opens in a new window. When I close this new window, I used to see the window with the link that I clicked again. Now I see the main Evernote window.

Just to clarify. Is the note where you are  ctrl clicking the internal link already a floating window? That's the only way I can reproduce the behaviour.

40 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Are you sure? There are windows shortcuts for both simplifying and removing formatting. (Help -> keyboard shortcuts)

image.png.d89041e5b9ecd8d30aa14aa95d0806af.png

Ah, thanks found it. I already searched for "formatting" but didn't find them. I had to search for "opmaak" (Dutch for format)...

40 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Just to clarify. Is the note where you are  ctrl clicking the internal link already a floating window? That's the only way I can reproduce the behaviour.

Yes, it's in a floating window and I would like to return to this floating window.

• Like 1