Cannot Unsync Device - NATIVE_FALLBACK_SHOWN

Hi,

I'm trying to unsync a a device so that I can login Evernote on my iPhone 13(iOS 15.6.1). However, it keeps throwing the error as shown in the screenshot. 

This has been a very long time and basically makes Evernote unusable on iPhone for different versions of iOS. Can someone help take a look? Thanks in advance!

AE596305-4849-4C12-A298-9257256F1D78.thumb.png.aaf3479cee6139840042c5f9af3d500e.png

7 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Try using a different device following one of the links here... Understanding the device limit

To clarify, I understand there is a limited number of quota to unsync devices for a free account. However, this issue happens even when I still have the quota to unsync other devices in order to login on my iPhone. 

Could you elaborate what you're suggesting? What is the cause of this error and how do I proceed using Evernote on my iPhone?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, dreamer90 said:

Could you elaborate what you're suggesting? What is the cause of this error and how do I proceed using Evernote on my iPhone?

Not sure I can elaborate on the "different device" comment - do you have access to something other than the iPhone you're apparently using?

• Level 5

@dreamer90 Your iPhone has obviously a problem to connect to the EN server.

Thus the question if you have another device where EN is installed and running, to use it to unsync devices.

You need to unsync before your iPhone will connect. It  is easier to unsync on a device that is connected, and that you want to keep connected.

On 8/27/2022 at 12:02 PM, gazumped said:

Not sure I can elaborate on the "different device" comment - do you have access to something other than the iPhone you're apparently using?

I do. I have no issues login into my account on my Macbook laptops and to unsync other devices if needed. This only occurs specifically on my iPhone.

11 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

@dreamer90 Your iPhone has obviously a problem to connect to the EN server.

Thus the question if you have another device where EN is installed and running, to use it to unsync devices.

You need to unsync before your iPhone will connect. It  is easier to unsync on a device that is connected, and that you want to keep connected.

I see. Thanks for the clarification. Currently iPhone is the only device having this issue. Lots of times I only have access to my phone, so having to unsync from other devices would essentially make EN unusable. Other than the work around, can this be fixed from the root?

• Level 5

You can unsync from any device on which you are running EN. A usual setup for the 2 allowed devices it a desktop (or the web client) and a mobile device.

No idea why it told on the iPhone it has problems to connect to the server. I never had this message - sounds like something on your network (I think it used WiFi, because in the screenshot it shows a wifi connection active) prevents it from making contact.

Maybe you run something like a firewall or an ad blocker on your network. Else try to restart your router once - maybe there is a problem there.

• Evernote Expert
7 hours ago, dreamer90 said:

I see. Thanks for the clarification. Currently iPhone is the only device having this issue. Lots of times I only have access to my phone, so having to unsync from other devices would essentially make EN unusable. Other than the work around, can this be fixed from the root?

Hopefully this shouldn't be a regular task. So accessing your account settings on a laptop and then performing the unsyncs from there should be a one-off incident.

The account settings are not part of the apps - this is going to the root...