Has support been outsourced?

Anyone else noticed a very substantial deterioration in support? My last few engagements were verging on incompressible. I very much got the feeling English wasn’t been understood and grammar in the responses was also…odd. I tried to raise getting the old template picker back on the iPhone instead of those options we now have at the bottom of a new note and the reply I got was rather bizarre. Just wondered if anyone else has observed this? I wonder if support has been outsourced?

8 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

You just asked the wrong questions …

My last support contacts were ok - due to the nature of the tickets they had to pass them on to the devs, no surprises there.

Asked the wrong questions? It’s meant to be support lol not an interview 😂

There’s not much I can add from the original post however if one has to ‘know the right questions’ to get support it’s not really support in my view. 

• Level 5

Maybe you should first write some life hacks, mixed with some niceties, and then ask to get a free question in return ?

Honestly no idea. I know they brought a lot of new people into support, it is public knowledge they run offices in places outside of the US, like in Chile.

But the answer is simple: Go ask support 😂

• Level 5*

LOL - as yo may have gathered we're mainly users here...  to get an official answer,  you'd have to ask - oh,  wait...

-As with @PinkElephant I tend to get reasonably coherent replies to queries,  though like most support teams these days you'll find the agent is probably reading from a script.  Companies always want to be polite,  legal and -above all- accurate when dealing with customers,  so as you describe your issue,  the agent will be clicking through a multi-choice screen following your answers.  When you get to the end they read the screen content at you.  If you continue to ask questions or argue they're very much on their own - which in new staff can lead to some stilted conversions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 4:56 PM, WilliamL said:

Anyone else noticed a very substantial deterioration in support? My last few engagements were verging on incompressible. I very much got the feeling English wasn’t been understood and grammar in the responses was also…odd. I tried to raise getting the old template picker back on the iPhone instead of those options we now have at the bottom of a new note and the reply I got was rather bizarre. Just wondered if anyone else has observed this? I wonder if support has been outsourced?

You are not wrong.

Strangely, the problems started when the technical support, after understanding my request, for competence forwarded to the salesmen. From there a delirium that lasted 15 days!

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Drugo said:

for competence forwarded to the salesmen. From there a delirium that lasted 15 days!

??  I don't believe that Support has a direct line to Marketing,  but I guess they might be connected...

• Level 5

There is another thread where the problems are described. ***** happens, people make mistakes (no excuse).

Most of what was requested could have been done by self service functions. The only issue to involve support was AFAIK the need to put a company address into the billing database.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 2:09 AM, gazumped said:

?? Non credo che il supporto abbia una linea diretta con il marketing, ma immagino che potrebbero essere collegati ...

You think that everyone who declares a problem is loundmouth. You do not have a copy of the statements from the assistance center but, if you prefer, believe what makes you feel most comfortable.
Keep this in mind. If I were to post for every bug or anomaly I encounter using EN, I would have to change jobs. If you wonder why do I pay and use EN? Unfortunately right now I need it and I have to swallow all the bile that using EN causes me. Rest assured that as soon as I find a solution to change, I will leave EN forever.

When I pay, I demand that I be given what I pay for. I don't have to thank EN for every successful operation without a hitch!

But you don't understand this!