Did i accidentally share or not?

🥴

I use evernote only for personal and never sharing. I use my phone and laptop and noticed recently the phone app has not been working well. Today I wrote a note using my phone and as i was typing it kept stopping as i typed. Eventually i got all the text written i wanted and then remembered it might not save - this was a phone only issue I've been having. I didn't want to lose all my writing so i screen shot it and then updated app to ensure the problem wouldn't keep occurring. 

Sure enough after the upadate was done, I checked the note and it had only saved the first few sentences so I deleted it and then made a new note using my screen shots of the text.

Then i noticed the screen shot said it was a shared note. But I had already done a permanent delete/trash so I couldn't check who and if i had actually shared it with...

And now Im wondering if I shared or not and if i did, with who and how do i find out? Is there anyway of knowing if a link was sent and if so, did the persons read the note? 

Surely there is some record of who things have been shared with even after sharing or note have been removed?

I use the free subscription. 

• Level 5*
On 8/20/2022 at 9:53 AM, silverado said:

Surely there is some record of who things have been shared with even after sharing or note have been removed?

Hi.  Why in the world would Evernote need to maintain records of a note that has been deleted and removed from the trash?  If this partial note is gone,  it's gone.  No records,  anywhere.  If it was shared it will have disappeared from the share-ee's device,  unless they vary carefully copied the partial content into a note of their own before it disappeared.  The only lesson here is to check that notes don't show as shared with others unless you meant them to be.  A search for sharedate:* should confirm whether or not you need to worry about it...

Thanks for you reply Gazumped.

sharedate.* shows nothing but I didn't check it until after i had deleted, so I don't know if Evernote shows everything you have shared (whether deleted or not) or only current shares. It is a fair enough to consider that information could be kept on your account if even only for a short time. I think the lesson for me is to put Evernote app on my phone as an auto update, so I don't have issues with it playing up again. Ive been using Evernote almost daily for a number of years. I never share anything on Evernote and would have no reason to think it would send out a share link to anybody. At no time did i notice the app showing that it was sending anything to anyone. It was only after I deleted and noticed in the screen shots what appears to have been an unintentional share. 

Sounds like i'll have to live in hope it didn't send anything and if it did, the receiver did not check link before it was deleted. 

• Like 1
On 8/22/2022 at 7:45 AM, gazumped said:

A search for sharedate:* should confirm whether or not you need to worry about it...

FYI @silverado, my experience is that sharedate:* does not reliably find all shared notes. I discussed it with a few others in the below thread over a year ago, and as far as I know nothing has changed. :(

• Like 1