Light color option for sidebar background

Glider

Idea

When in Light Mode the background color of the sidebar is currently black. Would be nice to have an option for a light colored (e.g. light gray or white) background on the sidebar so that Evernote's interface better matched the Light Mode UI of most other native Mac apps.

• Like 3

8 replies to this idea

Absolutely agree.
The contrasting sidebar is often very confusing. If I have another app with a dark window open behind Evernote, the Evernote sidebar almost disappears. 
The sidebar permanently in dark mode is both aesthetically and functionally annoying. In older versions, the sidebar was just a slightly different shade to the main body of the window like other Mac apps. I would like to see Evernote give users the option to display like most apps, where the entire window is in either light or dark mode.

• Like 1

I see there have been lots of complaint threads about the Sidebar being black. And the general guidance seems to be tough luck, don't like it, use the legacy version. Fine, I've been happily using the legacy version, which looks like what I'm used to, and what I like. But in the past week, I've been getting bugged to upgrade the legacy version to the current version every time I start Evernote. I'm been ignoring that upgrade prompt, but I'm concerned that some time soon, it will force me to upgrade, and or say that the legacy version will no longer be supported. Thus, I'm here to put in my vote that we need an option to make the Sidebar light, just like it is in the legacy version. How hard can that be??? 

• Level 5

Don't forget to cast your vote at the top of the thread by clicking on the arrow.

From the number of participants and the vote count you can see that this is not the hottest topic on discussion here.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Ann Olmsted said:

I've happily downgraded to the legacy version -- 6.25.1.9091 (309091) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954) -- and am hoping that I'll be able to keep using it indefinitely. Thanks, dwainem!

Legacy is no longer supported and requires the company to maintain two different sync structures.  No one has said how much longer it will still mostly work, but it won’t be indefinitely and I’ll be surprised if it is still around this time next year.

• Like 1

Hello!

I joined the forum to see what happened to this feature. Between earlier this month until an update today, I had a white sidebar but its reverted to a black sidebar. Unfortunately, the settings appear to only have fully dark or white with a black side bar (the original view for many years). I loved the white sidebar and am curious if it's going to be added as a configurable.  

Please advise if I'm missing where I can change the sidebar setting color. Thanks!