When switching accounts the MacOS app just stalls

I notice when I switch from one account to another using Evernote on the Mac it will just sit there and be stuck in loading mode. The only way to fix it is to quit Evernote and then restart the Evernote application. It will then restart in the profile I was trying to switch to, is there any suggested way to fix this?

• Level 5

Does it happen when opening a specific account, or does it not depend on the accounts ?

Each account has an own local database on the Mac. Symptoms tell that maybe one of them is corrupted, or worst case all of them went bad. You can replace the database with a fresh copy from the server. In your case there will be more than one folder in that location, one for each account. 

1. Quit Evernote (cmd-Q, not only closing the app)
  2. Open Finder
  3. From the menu bar select Go > Go To Folder...
  4. Paste ~/Library/Application Support/ and press Go. If you don't find this directory, try ~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/ and press Go.
  5. Locate the folder titled Evernote and rename it to Evernote.old. Or delete the folder.
  6. Restart the Mac
  7. Launch Evernote and try signing in.

Important: When you have more than one account, the full download of the notes will only happen when this account is in use. The initial download is pretty fast, but the full download may take a while.

• Like 1