Customizing Home Screen Widgets -- Don't make it cost $35/year (?!?)

Ehof

Idea

As a very long-time "Plus" user, I find it really annoying I can't do something as basic as customizing the Home Screen widgets in iOS.  And if I want to I have to upgrade to "Personal" for another $35 year.

3 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

The point of the Plus tariff is that you continue to get everything you always paid for at the discounted price. However, you don't get anything new that Free users don't get.

• Level 5
6 hours ago, Ehof said:

As a very long-time "Plus" user, I find it really annoying I can't do something as basic as customizing the Home Screen widgets in iOS.  And if I want to I have to upgrade to "Personal" for another $35 year.

You should be happy EN allows the Plus users to renew their subscription year by year.

Normally when subscription plans in the industry change you can run your current subscription period until the end, and then it is „up or out“.

As long as you stay on Plus, your glass will never get more than „half full“. And because the regular subscriptions evolve, it will seem ever emptier as time goes by. It is up to you to decide to ignore it, or to switch to a „living“ subscription.

• Like 1

I was a Plus user and upgraded to Personal for a handful of reasons (revision history, tasks, and higher single note size limit being highest among them), but being able to customize the home widgets was not one of them. This is totally my opinion as I'm sure some people find the Home page to be very useful, but I never look at the home page and personally don't find it at all useful. So if that's the only reason you might upgrade, I wouldn't do it, but what @PinkElephant said about Plus plans rings true to me. At some point you are going to want to either leave Evernote (and the Plus plan) or upgrade to Personal.