Bulk delete or edit tags

I know we can sort tags and show the notes in each, but I am looking for a way to bulk delete or edit tags. If I have multiple that do not have any notes or a single note, is there a quick way to bulk delete tags? 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Evernote Expert

I'm not sure I understand the requirement here. Are you asking how to add/edit tags for multiple notes or do you want to be able delete multiple tags that have been created and are no longer needed.

Assuming the former, select the notes that need to have tags added or changed, tap the tag symbol in the blue menu bar or press Ctrl+Alt+T, then select the required tags or deselect those not required.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 6:11 PM, agsteele said:

I'm not sure I understand the requirement here. Are you asking how to add/edit tags for multiple notes or do you want to be able delete multiple tags that have been created and are no longer needed.

Assuming the former, select the notes that need to have tags added or changed, tap the tag symbol in the blue menu bar or press Ctrl+Alt+T, then select the required tags or deselect those not required.

@agsteele thank you. Yes, the request was to be able to bulk delete or edit multiple tags in one shot. So for example, if I have 25 tags that have 5 or less notes associated to them and I wanted to delete those tags, I could not find a way to do that. I have to go one by one. It is not the end of the world and certainly not something that is a showstopper, but a pain nonetheless. Yes, I know I can select multiple notes and edit the tags using the blue bar. Thanks again. 

• Evernote Expert

Thanks. You are correct. There is no bulk deletion of tags. If you feel this is important you should open a support ticket. Be very clear why you believe this would be a benefit to users.

As you probably realise, Evernote staff are not always around. A ticket will be sure to be heard.