Why I can't select more than 50 notes now?

• Evernote Expert

This change was implemented when v10 was introduced apparently because of the need to process multiple note actions directly with the servers rather than with a local database that was used in the older version of Evernote. It isn't unique to Evernote Teams which is where you've made this enquiry.

It is possible to adjust the limit with an unsupported tweak in the desktop application configuration.  Try a search for config.json in the forums.

I am led to believe that there are plans to increase the limit but I'm not holding my breath. It will come when it comes.

Can you not export an entire notebook irrespective of the number of notes? I've not tried it because I have a few small notebooks and one huge one. I did get as far as being ready to press the export button and it seemed OK:

image.png.2002a151f152060dcd136c628a59c2ed.png

• Level 5

Exporting a notebook works, independent from its size.

The note selection limit can be raised, for users who know the way to the engine room, and how to fix the gauges. The downside is it may be necessary to repeat the operation sometimes (not always) after updating.

Since I don’t really need this mega selection that often, I only apply the change when I really need to operate on larger selections, not preemptively any more.

Hint: Who used to select „all“ to run a backup has not understood what mess he would create when reimporting it. The only working backup is by notebook.

• Evernote Expert

There are many threads on backing up. Exporting all notes in one ENEX file has never been recommended as way to back up. When you trinity you'll find the notebook structure is list. The recommended approach is to export notebook by notebook.

You can increase the number of notes you can select but this is an unsupported option. Search for config.json in the forums.

You can also back up the data directories but that is only really going to rescue you if Evernote folds unexpectedly. Otherwise you rely on the Evernote servers and the Evernote corporate backup processes.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, starhomeplan said:

I have more than 50 notebooks and over 1400 notes, and the computer is MAC, is there any easy way to backup everything?

If you run Time Machine with the standard setup provided by Apple, it is already backed up.

No need to do more.