Hi, I'm on Android 12 using Evernote 10.37 and I've got a problem whereby the following happens:

• Tap on hamburger menu (bottom left) and select a stack
  • Screen loads all notes within that stack, in ascending order (last updated) - from what I can see anyway
  • I tap on 3-dot menu at top-right of screen and tap on "Sort By"
  • I try to change the sort order to anything else, but the list does not change

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a step I'm meant to be doing or is the app broken?

It's super frustrating when you have a large stack, to get to the most recent note means scrolling for ages to get to the bottom, so there has to eb something wrong. Hoping someone can help please.

Cheers,

Pete

• Evernote Expert

I have the same experience although I've never tried this for myself - just to see if I could replicate your experience.

Actually, I don't think clicking on the stack does any sorting.  Evernote 10 sorts ALL notebooks in the same order.  Change the sort in Notebook_A and Notebook_B changes to the same.  That seems to be the case in Android.  So I checked the notes in Notebook_C in a stack and sorted them by Title.  I then checked Notebook_D in the stack and it, too, was now sorted by Title.

If I then click on the Stack the sort order is still, roughly, sorted by date updated.

I confess that I wasn't VERY patient waiting for the sort to take place. I waited a few minutes to no avail. It is possible that it could take some time given that none of my stacks are in locally stored notebooks on the Android device so the sort is being done in real time across the network connection.

For sure, sorting a stack in the desktop app works as you seem to expect.

I'm not in the least bit troubled by this.  But if this is important for you then you should open a support ticket.

@Pete_I Sorting on stacks is broken on iOS and iPadOS too for me. No matter what I sort on in any of my stacks, the notes remain in the same position in the list. Sorting works just fine for notebooks or filtered tag/query list.

Sorting by stack on Desktop -- either MacOS or PC -- works fine for me too, like @agsteele

• Thanks 1