Need help with a Bulk-Action on a Stack

I have around 10 Notebooks in a Stack. I want to create a Note in all of them at once. Is there a way to achieve this ?

Also, in case this isn't possible, is it possible to run a Java Script snippet in Web Console to create this bulk action on a stack ?

Please and Thank you

- MITHILESH K

9 hours ago, MITHILESH K said:

I have around 10 Notebooks in a Stack. I want to create a Note in all of them at once. Is there a way to achieve this ?

Also, in case this isn't possible, is it possible to run a Java Script snippet in Web Console to create this bulk action on a stack ?

Please and Thank you

- MITHILESH K

It's not very clear to me if it is  the same note that you would like to duplicate in 10 Notebooks?  In that case, instead of 10 notebooks, you may consider to use 10 tags, all assigned to that same single note...

5 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

It's possible to drag a note from the note list into a notebook to move it to a different notebook. I don't know if you can drag it into a stack and have it show up in all of them, but might be worth a try.

Yeah, I tried that. Didn't work. 

• Like 1

It would help if you could give a bit more info about the use case. Is it exactly the same note that you would like to duplicate in multiple notebooks?

I still have the feeling that this may be solved by using tags instead of notebooks. By using tags, you can create the notebook hierarchy as you have now, with the big advantage that you never need to duplicate your notes.

But again, without knowledge about your use case, it's difficult to offer useful advice...

15 hours ago, eric99 said:

It would help if you could give a bit more info about the use case. Is it exactly the same note that you would like to duplicate in multiple notebooks?

I still have the feeling that this may be solved by using tags instead of notebooks. By using tags, you can create the notebook hierarchy as you have now, with the big advantage that you never need to duplicate your notes.

But again, without knowledge about your use case, it's difficult to offer useful advice...

Sure man. Here is what I am looking for : 

I have a Stack with 10 Notebooks. Yes, they all do same Tags.

I want to create a Note in all the Notebooks at once in that Stack (Or) I want create a Note and bulk copy it to all Notebooks in that Stack. 

Either one is fine. 

10 hours ago, MITHILESH K said:

Sure man. Here is what I am looking for : 

I have a Stack with 10 Notebooks. Yes, they all do same Tags.

I want to create a Note in all the Notebooks at once in that Stack (Or) I want create a Note and bulk copy it to all Notebooks in that Stack. 

Either one is fine. 

I still don't understand why a note should be duplicated in multiple notebooks, seems to be unmanageable to keep them synchronized all the time, unless it's just some kind of template from where each copy may start it's own life. In that case, the evernote solution is to create a template note which can easily be duplicated in the required notebook the first time you need it.

• Like 1