Oops, we encountered an error.

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I have tried multiple times to access the Help Site to contact Evernote Support, but always get the following message: "Unexpected error. Our server has experienced difficulties processing your request(/SupportLogin.action) You may need to Sign in to your account to access this page."

I have cleared cookies and tried multiple browsers and devices with the same error message. I have also switched between my personal and Teams accounts all with the same result. I get the same error when I try to connect my Postach.io account to a notebook in Evernote. Not having a way to directly communicate with Evernote Support team to resolve this issue is extremely frustrating. Paying for a subscription service and having no way to contact support is unacceptable. image.png.719713f2c759b3bd146c786db59663b0.png

• Level 5*
  • Solution
5 minutes ago, Scott Woolstenhulme said:

Paying for a subscription service and having no way to contact support is unacceptable.

Actually I believe the subscription is meant to cover things like software and storage and web access - but I agree,  access to Support is also good.  As (apparently) a Teams user,  you should have an in-house manager for your account,  who will have access to the business support unit.  If you're dealing with your individual personal account then you should be able to see a 'continue as a guest' option as well as the log-in link. 

Whilst I appreciate you were looking for the 'official' support team,  we can often be a good second option - can you give us some details of *why* you were so keen to get in touch?

I am the manager for our Teams account and still did  not see a way to access support. As I wrote, I tried to connect to an Evernote notebook from Postach.io and receive the error message above. I then tried to contact the Support desk, which I should have access to from a paid service--and which is heavily advertised as a reason for the upgraded account--and received the exact same message. So something is happening with my account that will not let me connect from Postach.io which otherwise works perfectly or to access the Help Desk. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 2.36.16 PM.png

• Level 5*

If your concern is that Postach.io will not link to your Evernote account,  were you linking it to the Teams account or to your personal Evernote database?  I'm not sure that Postach.io would be able to link to the Teams account - user access (I believe) is subject to suitable authority being provided by the admin.  I'm using a Postach.io connection on a was-premium / now professional account.  Access problems with a business account might be down to local security - firewall or anti-virus blocking. 

My overall concern was simply the error message that I received. But I was trying to connect it to my Teams account. I already have two notebooks from my Teams account linked with Postach.io. That may still be the problem; I just don't understand why I am getting the same error message for both Postach.io and the Evernote Support site.

I appreciate the suggestions regarding Postach.io but my more fundamental concern is that I have absolutely no way of contacting support. There is no phone number to call and no chat desk to reah without logging in, and every time I try, I get this error. Is there honestly no other way to access the Help Desk? Again, this is advertised as a key feature of upgraded paid accounts that is not accessible because of an error message. 

1 hour ago, Scott Woolstenhulme said:

I appreciate the suggestions regarding Postach.io but my more fundamental concern is that I have absolutely no way of contacting support. There is no phone number to call and no chat desk to reah without logging in, and every time I try, I get this error. Is there honestly no other way to access the Help Desk? Again, this is advertised as a key feature of upgraded paid accounts that is not accessible because of an error message. 

I 100% agree that support is a key component of a paid subscription, and particularly with a teams subscription. One suggestion: have you tried accessing the support page via a different network (such as a mobile network on your phone, be sure to disable WiFi first)?

If all else fails, I would contact them on Twitter @evernotehelps

• Level 5*

The Forum isn't a route to Support - we're mainly all users here;  but we do have an employee as the Forum Admin so I've reported this thread to see whether they can be of any assistance. 

As you already know,  the route to Support is via Contact https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new - if you have problems with that, use 'account' from the drop-down options as an issue type, or use the help/ feedback link from one of the mobile apps.

As @Paul A. suggested,  there's also https://twitter.com/evernotehelps - and,  if all else fails,  the Support page has a 'guest' option to logging in - like Elon says: just read the instructions!

7 hours ago, Paul A. said:

I 100% agree that support is a key component of a paid subscription, and particularly with a teams subscription. One suggestion: have you tried accessing the support page via a different network (such as a mobile network on your phone, be sure to disable WiFi first)?

If all else fails, I would contact them on Twitter @evernotehelps

D14C8092-62F4-4E93-A311-A4DC6A2FADCC.jpeg