Unable to set up Import Folder on Windows to Google Drive virtual drive.

I have the official Google Drive for Windows service installed and I have a drive letter assigned. When I try to tell Evernote for Windows to set up an Import Folder to a folder within that drive letter I get this in a message box: "Evernote does not support import folders with Google Drive."

Why does Evernote care where that data lives? Other apps open paths from my virtual Google Drive drive letter just fine.

Windows 10
Google Drive 61.0.3.0
Evernote 10.41.5

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm sure Evernote is technically able to connect with Google drive - they do integrate with single files stored there;  but given that an Import Folder is an open pipe into your account,  it's possibly a security issue.  It may also be something that the app checks on when Evernote is opened,  so if you want to work offline the app would throw an error...  I don't specifically know,  these are just my suggestions;  but as the pop-up makes clear - it's by design,  so not (AFAIK) negotiable.

For a more official explanation - contact Support!

• Like 1
On 8/9/2022 at 3:11 AM, ObjectMike said:

I have the official Google Drive for Windows service installed and I have a drive letter assigned. When I try to tell Evernote for Windows to set up an Import Folder to a folder within that drive letter I get this in a message box: "Evernote does not support import folders with Google Drive."

I sucessfully added my local dropbox folder as an import folder so I'm not sure why EN is singling out google drive for special treatment.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 3:11 AM, ObjectMike said:

When I try to tell Evernote for Windows to set up an Import Folder to a folder within that drive letter I get this in a message box: "Evernote does not support import folders with Google Drive."

This post, from an EN employee in a different thread, seems to be relevant to your problem: