What happens to content in Evernote Helper after it's clipped

• Level 5

Usually what was clipped shows up in a new note in your EN account right away. From there it syncs to the server.

If it does not show up, the next clip will likely take up the buffer storage still used by the earlier one. This will overwrite the buffers content with new information. If it happens in a sequence, everything will be erased by clipping on, only keeping the latest clip.

This is based on the EN helper in one of the 2 desktop versions v10 for Windows and Mac. The web client (you posted in this subforum) has no helper, and the legacy helper worked somewhat different.

• Level 5

@Andrewtamba, can you say more about the exact process? In the current Windows program, pressing Ctrl+Alt+H (or clicking the elephant icon in the system tray) pops up a little Quick Note window where I can type in some text, and then click a green "Convert to note" button. When I do that, it transfers what I've typed to a note in my default notebook, titled "Note" followed by the date and time. Do you see anything like that in the default notebook? What exactly happened when you lost the information?

• Level 5

When I tried on my Mac before posting my answer, each of the 3 screen clipping options took the designated clip, and created a new note right away. No chance to type anything, no chance to collect several snippets in the Helper to create a larger note that already tells a story.

• Like 1