Clear Completed Tasks

macfixer

Idea

I am collecting quite the collection of completed tasks :wub:

However, the completed items just hang around, and it clutters things up. My suggestion: Do what professional task managers like OmniFocus and Things do, and clean up the completed tasks so the lists remain as uncluttered as possible.

I don't want to delete them, just hide them (ideally, it would be cool to create a Task Archive note with the different completed tasks, organized by their original note).

image.jpeg.543b14b08ccb6e981e9106eb2901f812.jpeg

• Like 4

12 replies to this idea

On 8/5/2022 at 1:04 PM, Kyle D. aka macfixer said:

I am collecting quite the collection of completed tasks :wub:

However, the completed items just hang around, and it clutters things up. My suggestion: Do what professional task managers like OmniFocus and Things do, and clean up the completed tasks so the lists remain as uncluttered as possible.

I don't want to delete them, just hide them (ideally, it would be cool to create a Task Archive note with the different completed tasks, organized by their original note).

image.jpeg.543b14b08ccb6e981e9106eb2901f812.jpeg

Where is this? I don't see it in any view I can get of the "things to do" note.

• Like 2

I am new to Evernote and truly enjoying it's features and deliverables, however, I must agree with everyone else...Development Team, please move the find/remove feature of completed tasks from our To Do Lists closer to the top of your queue. Please. 😊Just to remove the clutter. Thanks!

• Like 3
On 8/5/2022 at 1:04 PM, Kyle D. aka macfixer said:

I don't want to delete them, just hide them

Isn't deselecting "Show completed' basically what this is?

image.png.d5f099d3e458566bc68187a05f3b510d.png

• Like 1

Kinda… This would essentially taking the completed tasks from the existing note, moving them to an 'archive' note, and then giving enough metadata to be able to see where the completed tasks came from.

I hope that helps! If I can be of additional assistance, let me know.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, macfixer said:

Kinda… This would essentially taking the completed tasks from the existing note, moving them to an 'archive' note, and then giving enough metadata to be able to see where the completed tasks came from.

That sounds complicated. All I need is a button that deletes all completed tasks, period. I hate going through and deleting them one at a time.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 8:19 AM, Boot17 said:

Isn't deselecting "Show completed' basically what this is?

image.png.d5f099d3e458566bc68187a05f3b510d.png

"Show Completed" only appears on certain UIs. Evernote Web does not have this option (Chrome, Linux/Ubuntu 22)

...nvm I was looking in the wrong place. It's only in the "Tasks" view.