Problem with losing NEW notes

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

I am experiencing this problem as of this Monday (2 days ago) that my NEW notes are not saving.

I create a NEW note every Monday to keep track of my work activities during the week. As of this Monday, I can create a NEW note, but each time after reboot of my Mac I lose the note, it is completely gone, no trace of it.

I am using Mac laptop with Monterey OS with latest version of Evernote. I can upload the activity log if needed.

I don't see the NEW note on my iPhone or Web edition on Mac laptop either, I reinstalled the app on my Mac, did not help

I am using Evernote Free

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, bhnbhn said:

I can upload the activity log if needed.

Please don't,  unless asked - we're mainly other users in the Forums here and the logs don't mean much to us.

If you log into your account via Evernote.com in a browser window,  what notes can you see there?  From your brief description it sounds as tough your notes are dying with each reboot of the device - which should not be possible,  because there are two levels of protection: local temporary storage on the laptop,  and whatever content can be synced to the server while you remain connected.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes i don't see it in the browser window (web edition either). 

On Monday I could not even create notes, every time I created a new note it would pop on to the list of note and then disappear

Yesterday I was able to edit and save NEW notes, but this morning after reboot I don't see the notes from yesterday listed anywhere in browser, or in mac app, or in iPhone app

• Level 5
  • Solution

Try this on your Mac:

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
  5. Let the initial download run, and leave the app open. It will take a while to download the full content, for offline use.
It will replace the local database (probably corrupted) with a fresh copy from the server.
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

this issue of corruption happened again and I have lost my notes for the past 4 weeks. I don’t see my notes in Evernote web edition either

any idea how I can revive the notes or should I consider them lost?

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Corruption = notes present but damaged.  Lost = nothing there at all. 

Either way you really could make use of some Evernote support to try and find out why this is happening (and what the issue actually is!) - and if you're a subscriber to get access to Support - even if only for a month or two while this gets sorted out - you would have access to Note History which can restore damaged notes to their former glory...

(The Forums here aren't full support - we're mainly experienced users who -in most cases- have been there,  done that,  and gotten t-shirts.  We also have suggestions.  Usually...)

@gazumped

around 3:50 pm PST I added notes using my iphone evernote, seemed to have saved. When I opened the note in Legacy evernote the note I had authored was truncated to just 13 words

Is there a lifetime storage limit for notes in Free edition? I use evernote as a diary of work activities, basically just text, so barebones text usage mostly, and I have maybe around a 1000 notes over the pas 8 years.

I just upgraded to Personal edition to see if I can get some access to Note History as you suggested

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Note history run for all accounts, all of the time.

Only access is a subscribers feature. When note history is unlocked, you can access it for all notes, no matter on which plan it was created or changed.

2 aspects: It only works for content that has reached the server, and it only works if a note still exists (even in the trash, then it needs to be reactivated).

I am having the same issue. I’ve relied on Evernote for over a decade to store, organize and secure my writing. As of this week, when I reboot the app my most recent note pops up but is missing everything but the first paragraph. This has happened twice this week—erasing thousands of words each time—so I stopped using Evernote altogether. Would really love to see this resolved so I do t have to cancel my subscription. 

Using Evernote Premium, primarily on iPhone 13.