"Contact Support" option not working

I've tried several times to contact support to get help with an issue but when I click the "contact support" option from my account it takes me to a page that says, "Oops! We encountered an error." See attached screenshot. 

It does have a place to "sign in" to access that page but I'm already signed in. This is incredibly frustrating. I'm a paying customer and have no way to get support. Please let me know what you need to fix this or provide me with a link, email address, or phone number to speak with someone to get an issue resolved. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 7.23.54 AM.png

Can someone tell me how to contact support? Every time I try select "Contact Us" at the bottom of a webpage, and then click on "Evernote Personal, Professional, and Teams customers can also access additional support options." I get to a page that says I've been logged out. When I log back in it takes me to Evernote, not the help pages. HELP.

Sorry, it's too much for me. I ended my Evernote account because I can't handle the stress of a non-functioning website/software program. When I need information from one of my coworkers, and I can't access it but I also can't open a support ticket, it's not worth my time to continue using it.

• Level 5

If the link provided above is not working, and what your video shows, looks like something blocks access for you. This is either a local issue on the network (like an eager, misconfigured firewall), or on your computer. It is not EN logging you out, something prevents the handshake between the EN website and your browser.

You could just go to the next coffee place and connect to the WiFi there to find out. If it works there, have a talk to your network admin.

Another option is through any mobile client (works independently from the web access), by the support chat on the help pages or on the web client.

On 8/2/2022 at 5:30 PM, PinkElephant said:

No email …

No phone …

You can try this link:

Else I think the easiest way is by using a mobile client, settings, support. This uses another interface and avoids the sometimes fidgety web interface. 

Thanks for sending that. However, that link takes me to the same page that I posted the image for above. 

15 hours ago, NikkiAtWork said:

Sorry, it's too much for me. I ended my Evernote account because I can't handle the stress of a non-functioning website/software program. When I need information from one of my coworkers, and I can't access it but I also can't open a support ticket, it's not worth my time to continue using it.

I love Evernote but you're right, you shouldn't have to work this hard to get in touch with support. I just tried PinkElephants suggestion and submitted my request via the mobile application. That worked fine. 

• Level 5

In general yes - but it is not that support would be difficult to reach, it is a login issue.

The reason may be on the local network. If it is a private one, sometimes it helps to restart the router, or empty the cache of the browser used.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 11:38 AM, PinkElephant said:

In general yes - but it is not that support would be difficult to reach, it is a login issue.

The reason may be on the local network. If it is a private one, sometimes it helps to restart the router, or empty the cache of the browser used.

It's definitely not a login issue. I'm already logged in. Then I login again and get the same error. So I follow the "sign in" link they have and it takes me to my evernote home page. Then I click the button that takes me to my account and the option to contact support. Then it takes me back to the page (screen shot above) and the insanity starts all over again. So....

How do I get someone from Evernote to assist here? The fact that I have to raise this on the forum and have no other way to get in touch with Evernote is ridiculous. Does anyone know how to get their attention? 

On 8/4/2022 at 7:20 AM, Jared Nichols said:

I love Evernote but you're right, you shouldn't have to work this hard to get in touch with support. I just tried PinkElephants suggestion and submitted my request via the mobile application. That worked fine.

UPDATE: The request I submitted via the mobile app on 08/04 has NOT been answered by customer service. This is ridiculous. 

• Level 5

Did you receive an automatic answer in your email ? It has the ticket number in the header.

You can answer to this email and ask it to be answered, or you send me the ticket number through Direct Message, and I flag it for you.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Did you receive an automatic answer in your email ? It has the ticket number in the header.

You can answer to this email and ask it to be answered, or you send me the ticket number through Direct Message, and I flag it for you.

I never received an email so there's no ticket number. Do you work for Evernote? If so can you help me? Thanks!

• Level 5

No, just another user. If I would work for EN, my forum badge would read „Staff“.

If you didn’t receive a ticket confirmation, the rebate 2 possibilities:

The ticket did not go through

The answer was send to another email address.

In both cases I can’t really help to sort it out, because the ticket number is the handle.

Can you check in your account settings, profile, email address which email address is noted there for your account ?

9 hours ago, Jared Nichols said:

I never received an email so there's no ticket number. Do you work for Evernote? If so can you help me? Thanks!

Try sending them a message via Twitter. That is what I just recently did and they created a ticket and someone from customer service reached out. I admit, it is pretty ridiculous that as a paying customer if you have to go through social media to get a response. Of all the software I use, both paid and free, Evernote is the only one that makes it so difficult to get help. That fact alone makes me nervous and hesitant to upgrade to Teams for my business because I feel there is massive lack of customer support. 

• Evernote Expert

I don't think that Evernote is intentionally making it difficult to contact support for subscribers. I routinely and regularly open tickets without any problem. It isn't so much ridiculous as you say but entirely unintended. Undoubtedly frustrating but something that needs fixing for those who have this issue. As well as a ticket and Twitter, the chat option works during USA West coast business hours.

• Level 5

Never had a problem to open a ticket either. I think if there is a problem, it is probably related to ad blocking or security software running on a device, or on a network.

It often helps to use another network, set up a personal hotspot or on mobile devices go to the mobile data link.

On 8/15/2022 at 2:54 AM, agsteele said:

I don't think that Evernote is intentionally making it difficult to contact support for subscribers. I routinely and regularly open tickets without any problem. It isn't so much ridiculous as you say but entirely unintended. Undoubtedly frustrating but something that needs fixing for those who have this issue. As well as a ticket and Twitter, the chat option works during USA West coast business hours.

Can you send a link to the chat option? I haven't been able to access that either. 

3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Chat and Mail support is all on the same page.

You can try on a mobile client (app settings, support).

If this does not work, something on your network is blocking you. Switch to mobile data, or set up a personal hotspot.

I'm not trying to be rude here but that is absolutely not the problem. That's an elementary fix and is certainly not happening in this situation. This is an evernote problem. I'm a paying teams customer and cannot contact support. I've wasted more time trying to get a minor issue resolved and have no way to reach anyone at Evernote. Definitely think it's time to cancel the teams and move on. 

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, Jared Nichols said:

This is an evernote problem. I'm a paying teams customer and cannot contact support. I've wasted more time trying to get a minor issue resolved and have no way to reach anyone at Evernote. Definitely think it's time to cancel the teams and move on. 

If it is an Evernote problem, it isn't one that affects everyone. Many of us are perfectly able to contact support. Which is why the suggestion is that there is something else in the process creating the issue. Given that you cannot login to the support pages I think that your only options are to open a ticket via a mobile Evernote app or start a conversation with support via Twitter and once the ticket is open you should be able to take it forward. 

• Level 5
5 hours ago, Jared Nichols said:

I'm not trying to be rude here but that is absolutely not the problem. That's an elementary fix and is certainly not happening in this situation. This is an evernote problem. I'm a paying teams customer and cannot contact support. I've wasted more time trying to get a minor issue resolved and have no way to reach anyone at Evernote. Definitely think it's time to cancel the teams and move on. 

I am not trying to be rude either. I am just a fellow user, trying to give you pragmatic advise on how to solve a problem you have. I do not have a problem to reach support - I know of 4 options that are all available to all subscribers, and all of them work for me, on a pretty normal home internet connection.

If any of them is blocked, it is not likely the problem is located beyond your browser, your device or your network. Unfortunately the number of possibilities that may block a website is pretty large. We had another thread about not being able to contact support - after a router reset everything worked again.

So follow the advise offered, or solve the problem yourself.

On 8/4/2022 at 7:12 AM, Jared Nichols said:

Thanks for sending that. However, that link takes me to the same page that I posted the image for above. 

I too was having issues a few days ago with this link. However, I just tried it and it is now working on my end. Have you tried it again today?

• Evernote Expert

We passed this up the chain and after some investigation he report was

For transparency, there's been an ongoing issue with our support help page where some users will be stuck in a log out loop until we manually make a change to their account.

This thread has been reviewed so, by now, the issue may have been resolved but if not please post again...