Android - clipped site won't load or sync

My app used to be perfect and for the past few months, it only works on my computer (Mac), but not on my phone (Samsung Note 9 - fully updated to Android 10).

This is most frustrating since most of my clips are done on my phone. So I'm doing double the work by emailing them to myself to save on computer later.

This is so unproductive and not what I'm paying for with top of the line plan.

HELP...Anyone have a fix? 

I've already restarted phone numerous times and uninstalled the app a few times too, thinking that might fix the glitch.

No luck...I can't be alone in having this issue.

• Level 5

Clip - this in fact is not clipping, it is filling a sharing box with content.

Open the EN app on the same device, and wait until the clipped content has been imported. Then wait again (on both „waiting“ blocks you can continue to use the app for other purposes) until the new note holding the clipped content has synced to the EN server. It will then be distributed form the server to all other devices.

Clipping on mobile uses the sharing, which means it is an on device process, and it lacks possibilities available for the official desktop web clipper. The official clipper does not use the app installed on a computer (it can even be installed if no desktop app is available), and it saves through the API directly to the EN server.

These are 2 completely different processes, and if not following along on mobile with what is necessary to make the whole process work, the clipped content is lost.

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

Worth noting that for Android, content sharing to Evernote works more reliably if you first open Evernote and then go to the browser and choose the share option.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
22 hours ago, dana green said:

My app used to be perfect and for the past few months, it only works on my computer (Mac), but not on my phone (Samsung Note 9 - fully updated to Android 10).

Please note that this is the forum for the older version of Evernote Android, v. 8 and below, which is required on older Android systems. You'll probably get more help by posting in the Android v. 10 forum, which has a number of threads on slow sync / no sync:

Evernote for Android Issues (Versions 10.0 and above) - Evernote User Forum