Hide unassigned tags

rtyshyk

Idea

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Why do you keep tags that are not in use ?

Either you have already applied them (then this makes no sense), or you created them to apply them (then this makes no sense).

I really don’t understand your use case with tags you create, but don’t want to use. Maybe you can explain what you do, and what you want to achieve.

I don't think the request is explained particularly well. I think he is saying that when filtering a subset of notes (e.g. a particular notebook) he only wants to see the tags assigned to those notes. This was indeed a feature of legacy. Perhaps @rtyshykcould clarify. 

If you use the search box within a notebook for example, it will only come up with tags that are assigned. However only 3 are displayed, so unless you know the starting letter of something it really is not much help.

• Level 5

With tags, each string will do, even if it is in the middle of a tag name.

You are right, the thread owner should better define what he wants. About focussing a search based on already selected items there is another feature request thread.

• Level 5

There is another thread about it.

Since v10 is now 2 years up and running, and requests for this feature are scarce, I personally doubt EN will dedicate resources on coding this venture.

To change this position, you and probably many more users need to give feedback, or contact support about it.

@PinkElephant I was looking for similar topics, before I created this one. Could you please share a link to it?

In regards contact support... It's official forum, the tread name is "Evernote for mac requests"... does it mean no evernote officials read this? Where I have to create request?

• Level 5

About other threads: This one has a misleading title, and it later strayed off topic: 

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/130886-what-we-cant-we-search-by-multiple-tags-any-more/

The tread owner confirmed later that the new functionality does the job for her, after getting used to it. I think so too, it is really not an issue if you look at how vastly the filters were improved.

The forum is driven by users answering to users. Staff in rare cases shows up, carrying a staff badge.

To reach EN, use the feedback function (not answered) or issue a support ticket (answered).