When I export note to PDF, Can I fit the note to a page so I can see or print it in one page. (title=contents)

• Level 5*

Hi.  No - Evernote is not a document layout substitute... it can help make your notes look professional,  but only within some fairly narrow limits.

If layout is important to your notes,  it is better to create a word-processor version and save that to PDF format where you have the control  to add page breaks and change text styles as necessary.  The finished PDF can be attached to a note,  and the content will be fully visible and (usually) searchable.  You'll be able to open that PDF from any device where you access Evernote,  and will be able to use the device's inbuilt printing features to print that attachment.

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  No - Evernote is not a document layout substitute... it can help make your notes look professional,  but only within some fairly narrow limits.

If layout is important to your notes,  it is better to create a word-processor version and save that to PDF format where you have the control  to add page breaks and change text styles as necessary.  The finished PDF can be attached to a note,  and the content will be fully visible and (usually) searchable.  You'll be able to open that PDF from any device where you access Evernote,  and will be able to use the device's inbuilt printing features to print that attachment.

Thanks gazumped!

One of my use cases of Evernote is to write daily diary like the image I attached.

and I want to fit it to one page so I can see how my month was with bird's-eye view.

I really want to get rid of the part where the page separated.

I never heard about word-processor version of note. Could you let me know how to create word-processor version of note?

B92B8D9E-3FFE-4BDD-B0EE-85ADC32DF055.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Sorry for not being clear - there is no separate "word-processor version of note" - I was meaning any third-party word-processor like Microsoft Word or Libre Office,  or indeed any software that can take a text document and  convert it to a PDF file.  Separate word-processors give you far more control over layout than you currently will find in Evernote.  This may improve in future,  but there are no options yet.

For your particular diary use case though - have you thought about a blog?  Another third party app https://postach.io/ can turn your Evernote notes directly into an online blog post.  It is as simple as adding a new note to an Evernote notebook,  tagging it 'published' and syncing the note.  Postachio automatically converts and displays the note.  Again,  there are compromises on layout,  but the app does support Markdown formatting.

7 hours ago, gazumped said:

Sorry for not being clear - there is no separate "word-processor version of note" - I was meaning any third-party word-processor like Microsoft Word or Libre Office,  or indeed any software that can take a text document and  convert it to a PDF file.  Separate word-processors give you far more control over layout than you currently will find in Evernote.  This may improve in future,  but there are no options yet.

For your particular diary use case though - have you thought about a blog?  Another third party app https://postach.io/ can turn your Evernote notes directly into an online blog post.  It is as simple as adding a new note to an Evernote notebook,  tagging it 'published' and syncing the note.  Postachio automatically converts and displays the note.  Again,  there are compromises on layout,  but the app does support Markdown formatting.

Thanks so so much! I will try your reccomendatiton! have a great week!

• Like 1