(Archived) Web Clipper + Readability = Terrible Problem

• Level 5

1.) I have run into the reverse text issue also. But reverse text (white text on black background) is more difficult to read, so I don't consider that to be a problem. I am surprised you were able to get a left margin. All my Readability captures end up with zero left margins. Could you supply the URL and I'll give it a try?

It seems that as Evernote addresses user requests for more features, the added complexity is causing problems with Readability.

2.) There is the new zero margin problem previously addressed

I have not found anyway to solve the lack of a left margin.

3.) And there is the image / icon positioning problem.

Here is my process to remove the blue background icon of "Reload Original PagePrint PageEmail Page"

1.) Run an Evernote search for "reload original"

2.) Position cursor to the right side of the title in the note panel (not the note list ). I don't want to get it involved with the blue image yet.

3.) Press Home key to get to the extreme left side of the title (in the note panel)

4.) Hold Shift key down and press the UP arrow 3 times to highlight the blue image

5.) Hit the Delete key (do NOT do Ctrl X) and the blue image is gone

Tedious? Yes. I thought this was just a Readability issue, so I am glad other people are seeing the same problem with merging. It bumps up the importance of these issues.

1.) I have run into the reverse text issue also. But reverse text (white text on black background) is more difficult to read, so I don't consider that to be a problem. I am surprised you were able to get a left margin. All my Readability captures end up with zero left margins. Could you supply the URL and I'll give it a try?

It seems that as Evernote addresses user requests for more features, the added complexity is causing problems with Readability.

2.) There is the new zero margin problem previously addressed

I have not found anyway to solve the lack of a left margin.

3.) And there is the image / icon positioning problem.

Here is my process to remove the blue background icon of "Reload Original PagePrint PageEmail Page"

1.) Run an Evernote search for "reload original"

2.) Position cursor to the right side of the title in the note panel (not the note list ). I don't want to get it involved with the blue image yet.

3.) Press Home key to get to the extreme left side of the title (in the note panel)

4.) Hold Shift key down and press the UP arrow 3 times to highlight the blue image

5.) Hit the Delete key (do NOT do Ctrl X) and the blue image is gone

Tedious? Yes. I thought this was just a Readability issue, so I am glad other people are seeing the same problem with merging. It bumps up the importance of these issues.

... No... I don't mind the Reload/Original/Print/Email icons. I think they're really nice, actually, if the Web Clip is successful. ... Unfortunately the Web Clipper feature started failing to clip Readabilityed pages recently; Pages before used to look exactly the same as in the browser. Not sure what happened though.

Not sure what you mean the reverse text issue - It's meant to be white text on black background.

Attached image below is how it used to be and how it's meant to clip.

Perfectclip.jpg

Archived