Calendar Items Disappearing

I have my google calendar integrated on my home page. However, a lot of my events will disappear from the calendar widget. I have to go into the calendar to deselect and reselect my calendar to make them show up again. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a way to fix this? 

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, josiahcsmith said:

I have my google calendar integrated on my home page. However, a lot of my events will disappear from the calendar widget. I have to go into the calendar to deselect and reselect my calendar to make them show up again. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a way to fix this? 

Hi - it's a new feature that not many of us Forum members will have had much experience with - have you tried Support?

• Evernote Expert

Goig back to when calendars were first introduced I had a similar-ish issue. My recollection is that I resolved it by completely disconnecting my Google account from Evernote then reconnecting.

Otherwise, it sounds like @gazumped's suggestion is the way forward.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing this too 😕 It's making any productive use of the note / events link impossible.

• @agsteele I have to go further -  clearing all the EN cookies in my browser (I'm on the web) and then re-connect both my gcal accounts (I use two) to get the events to reappear in the widget. Then random ones will disappear - ie; they will "flash" on screen for a moment, and then vanish until I go through the "delete cookies" palaver again.
  • Interestingly; when I have a note connected to a couple of events on the same day and click on the calendar button, each will show only that event, but not the others. The calendar widget will remain blank.
  • @josiahcsmith- I wonder if you reported this to support, and how far you got?
  • Level 5*
5 minutes ago, sch01ar said:

and then re-connect both my gcal accounts (I use two) to get the events to reappear in the widget.

Random thought here,  but are you trying to connect two separate, distinct GCal calendar accounts to Evernote? 

I know 'Professional' users can have multiple calendars - which I assumed to be different calendars in the same Gmail account.  This comment reads like you have two separate Gmail accounts and are connecting both their calendars,  which I would have thought would be a problem for Google,  much less Evernote...

• Like 1
  • Guest pinned, unpinned, pinned and unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, sch01ar said:

I'm seeing this too 😕 It's making any productive use of the note / events link impossible.

• @agsteele I have to go further -  clearing all the EN cookies in my browser (I'm on the web) and then re-connect both my gcal accounts (I use two) to get the events to reappear in the widget. Then random ones will disappear - ie; they will "flash" on screen for a moment, and then vanish until I go through the "delete cookies" palaver again.
  • Interestingly; when I have a note connected to a couple of events on the same day and click on the calendar button, each will show only that event, but not the others. The calendar widget will remain blank.
  • @josiahcsmith- I wonder if you reported this to support, and how far you got?

@sch01ar - I did contact support. They weren't much help and said they couldn't duplicate the problem on their end. However, they created a ticket for the coders to check further in to it. Since the newest release, my calendar seems to now be working fine! 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting, @josiahcsmith, my calendar has done just the opposite: since the latest update they've disappeared. 

After a very long wait, they appeared on my Android device last night, but not on the Web client or the Windows app. Today everything is totally blank.

It's tough (on users) when support can't duplicate the issue. Usually means it'll be a while before things are working properly again, and then probably only by accident.

😭

• Evernote Expert

@DaveM This isn't an entirely unknown issue. Access your account settings and disconnect all the Google accounts listed then reconnect and I think that could fix things for you.  You might need to reconfigure the Home/Calendar widget as well - I don't recall what I had to do.

That succeeded in getting the calendar events into the Web client (at least for now), but the desktop and Android apps are still blank. Funny, I never had a problem with this on any of the platforms I use until this last update.

I've had same issues for awhile. Support was of no help.  Less issues with my personal Google account but my work Google account (Google Workspace or whatever they're calling it these days) is completely non-functional. 

• Evernote Expert
1 minute ago, gabx said:

I've had same issues for awhile. Support was of no help.  Less issues with my personal Google account but my work Google account (Google Workspace or whatever they're calling it these days) is completely non-functional. 

Do you have a Professional sub for Evernote? I've not heard of anyone having problems with two Google accounts in Professional. Of course that doesn't work with Personal where you can only have one Google account connected to calendar.

• Evernote Expert
2 hours ago, DaveM said:

That succeeded in getting the calendar events into the Web client (at least for now), but the desktop and Android apps are still blank. Funny, I never had a problem with this on any of the platforms I use until this last update.

I suppose it could a local data problem. That does happen with updates occasionally.  In the desktop rebuild your data

File | Sign Out | Remove my Evernote Data the sign back in and allow your data to be rebuilt.

I think, for mobile, you'd need to uninstall and then reinstall.

6 hours ago, agsteele said:

I hope you have all opened support tickets. There'll be no action of nothing is reported 🤔

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I believe I mentioned in an earlier post that this link doesn't work. It logs me out and brings me to the screen shown in the attachment. If I scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Contact Us link and select the access additional support options, it cycles me right back to the same page. The only place I seem to be able to actually open a support ticket is via the mobile app (Settings, Support, Submit a support request). I haven't actually done that yet—I'm about to now. I'm hopeful this will actually work.

Evernote hasn't exactly made it easy to get their help.

2022-08-24_09-19-08.jpg

I just created another ticket. I did this months ago and Support wasn’t able to resolve…. very polite but basically just gave up. We’ll see if they can fix it this time. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5
7 hours ago, DaveM said:

I believe I mentioned in an earlier post that this link doesn't work. It logs me out and brings me to the screen shown in the attachment. If I scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Contact Us link and select the access additional support options, it cycles me right back to the same page

I've experienced that too, though not for quite a long time. If you ever want to try to open a ticket on your computer and this happens again, possibly clearing cache and/or cookies in your browser might shake it loose.

• Evernote Expert
8 hours ago, DaveM said:

believe I mentioned in an earlier post that this link doesn't work. It logs me out and brings me to the screen shown in the attachment. If I scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Contact Us link and select the access additional support options, it cycles me right back to the same page.

This support login issue has been identified and a solution identified. I'll DM you 

I have tried everything and my events are still disappearing.

I have tried signing out and deleting cookie information and data from apps and browsers and then shutting down the browser or app and restarting the device. 

I also tried simply deselecting the calendar in the widget and hitting update and then reversing that process.

I am not sure what to do. This is a great feature and I like using it.

@JudyK, it IS a great feature. I've been working directly with EN tech support on this issue. I pointed out a couple of interesting things I discovered while doing so. Perhaps you could test them on your own system and see if the behavior is the same

1. The disappearing problem seems limited to recurring events. One-off events seem consistently stable.
  2. Recurring events with a note attached also appear to avoid the disappearing act. That is to say, if my Google calendar contains a weekly event that occurs on Mondays, for example, and I attach a note to the event occurring on August 22, that event on August 22 stays in the Calendar widget, but the events scheduled for August 29 and following may or may not.

I'd be interested to know how your system behaves.

Regards,

DaveM

43 minutes ago, agsteele said:

According to my account I can see that you read it 12 minutes ago ;)

I see a post about having reported the problem, but not about a solution. I don't know that there is a solution yet. What am I missing?

• Evernote Expert
1 minute ago, DaveM said:

I see a post about having reported the problem, but not about a solution. I don't know that there is a solution yet. What am I missing?

I connected you with the support person handling this issue with the login problem you were having... Follow it up with him :)

Hi all! Received a message from support suggesting this may be fixed in 10.43.7, but I'm still seeing it.

• None of my impacted events are repeating events, for example; looking at my last three Saturdays, I can see repeating events for all of them, but one-off events for any given two will appear momentarily and then "pop out" again.
  • Refreshing the browser just randomises which days are affected. This is a bit of a Schrödinger's cat ... 😺🧰
  • The calendar widget does feel snappier overall, so I can see some work has been going on behind the scenes.
  • After some patience (!) I was able to send support a screen recording of events appearing and then "popping out" a second later. 
  • I'm going to have a deep dive into this again; clear all my caches and see if I can pinpoint exactly what is liable to cause the problem. 

What are you guys seeing?

• Thanks 1

@agsteele I also use the Windows desktop app, but I see the same behavior on the desktop and the Web client. I don't envy tech support: when a problem manifests itself in different ways for different people on the same platforms, it has to be a nightmare to troubleshoot.