Notes being truncated?

I am using the latest version of Android Evernote on a Samsung a02s. I dictate a note, and when I save and close and reopen, the note has been truncated after between 15 and 20 lines. The number of lines is variable, not consistent; and this does NOT occur on my Windows HP laptop. Is this a common phenomenon, and what do we do about it? panterazero/Evernote since 2014
  • Level 5

You seem to be in love with large font - be assured the rest of the forum is not.

To balance the thread I am sorry: I have to put the answer in very small font. Otherwise it may fall off the far side of the server, brought down by all the black tint.

Dictation is an OS side function, it is not native to EN. You should observe what happens while you dictate - maybe it just stumbles over a word, and stops converting. while you continue talking. In case you observe this, I would try to contact Google support about it.

I am “in love with,” as you put it, being able to read what I myself write and make sure it is accurate, thus not wasting the time of the community. At my age I cannot overcome deficiency of vision. Server-side issues of that caliber startle me. My apologies to the forum.

• Level 5

Has nothing to do with keeping you occupied. But this is something you better catch in the act, than later detecting that something is missing, without exactly knowing what has happened. An OS-side (dis-)function will likely not be caught by EN activity logs. Not much for support to work on, but your own observations.

That's it, good luck.

• Evernote Expert

I can't offer any useful contribution because I'm not clear how you are undertaking this exercise. What application are you using to capture the dictation? Is this the same on your Samsung phone and the Windows laptop?

• Level 5

If the native dictation software is used, it may be that it automatically stops after 30sec. This is a restriction of iOS, and maybe it is similar on Android (Have not found an official help text about it).

The dictation can be started again, but if I don’t recognize it is stopped, it may seem it was truncated.