Restoring Evernote Data

I subscribe to Evernote.

In the event if I lose all the data on my local drive, (crashing the drive) will all the data be transferred synced back to my new installed Evernote on the computer? Or all the data in the cloud will be wiped out and be synced to the local one that has ZERO data?

The main reason for me asking, because when I erase some files on my local drive they are getting erased on the Evernote server as well.

• Level 5

All data is safe in the cloud. It does not depend on your local copy.

If you delete inside of EN, a delete command for this specific note is passed to the server. It does not delete because a note „disappears“.

Dear PinkElefant, it does delete. I created a new note Test on my local drive, and after deleting that note on the local, and sync, this note was deleted from the server as well. Well... So if I erase the Evernote and remove the application, start new, it would replicate what I just did the test with the Test note.

2022-07-28_07-49-08.png

• Evernote Expert

No you have misunderstood.  If you initiate a delete (which is only a  move to trash so still inside your account in the trash folder) this is, correctly reproduced on the servers.

If you delete the Evernote folders and program this is not pushed to the servers.  When you install Evernote again or on a new device the server copies will be resynchronised to the new installation.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, MusicWiz said:

In the event I lose all the data on my local drive, (crashing the drive)

This is not an "Evernote delete" event; the server data will not be impacted

>when I erase some files on my local drive they are getting erased on the Evernote server as well.

How did you "erase some files".    
Was it a delete event?