Log-in Issues

OlivawA

Idea

I am unable to use Evernote on my phone since I moved from a prior Iphone Version a new phone. This must have triggered something within Evernote as it would not let me log on as usual but felt it necessary to send me an email with a code. Unfortunately that email was not set up anymore, so I did not receive the code. I have since recreated the email address, tested that others can send and receive emails from there, but nothing from Evernote is coming through. Resending the code does not make any difference. 

I tried to use the online access but there is the same issue and again the email remains elusive. I might think that I am using the wrong email account but I have still access to the app on my pc and there can verify the email address.  Trying to open Account Info with the idea of changing the linked address does not work - nothing opens, no popup or second window.  Thinking of exporting my notes and creating a new id to import would be one way to deal with it but apparently the free version does not have any export facility, only imports. 

Any ideas on how I get fully access my account again. 

6 replies to this idea

Yes, it's a free user account which was sufficient for my needs.  Before upgrading my iphone, I did not do anything regarding the evernote app on my iphone. Did not log out or revoke access either. In fact on my desktop I can still access my notes but even there I cannot change my email address or export my notes.

• Level 5

If you still have the old phone, open the EN app and log out. If not, skip this step.

Now open the desktop client. Open the account information. Go to the tab devices. You may see one or 2 iPhones. If you know which one is the one you want to drop, click on it and revoke access. If you don’t know, revoke access to both.

This is why my iPhones all get an individual device name in iOS settings. We can’t play try and error here, because you only have 2 revokes per 30 days.

After you revoked both (or the correct old one), open the EN client on the new iPhone. It should now allow the access.

If all this does not work, because there had been too much going on on your account recently, contact support. Ticket types Billing&Payment and Account should work for all users, Free as well:

I need help as I received a notification from Google Gmail that someone logged onto my account from Bengaluru, India and I live in the United States. I tried to access my account but it seems as if the person who hacked the account has changed my credentials because I am unable to access Evernote with my previous password.

What can I do to regain access to my account?

Sincerely,

kraftx

Here is the e-mail I received from Gmail:

image.thumb.png.cd30cf14cecacd19a39c7f2a9178c9cb.png

• Level 5

Hi, @kraftx, and welcome to the forums. Definitely contact Evernote support if you haven't yet; since this is an Account issue you should be able to use it, even if you have a Free account: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

FYI, this sort of thing usually happens when someone uses a password for Evernote that they also use somewhere else. If the password is compromised on the other site, then the hackers will use it to get to your Evernote account. Different passwords for every account is the rule.

• Level 5

I second the advise by @Dave-in-Decatur

Here is some more advise. The help document about changing passwords contains a support link as well.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313998

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004395487

In the future don’t hijack another thread by posting into a seemingly related thread. Open your own new thread, give it a proper thread title to avoid being overlooked with your issue.