Synchronisation issues on iPhone 12 Pro and iPad

I have been using Evernote since 2012 and have got around 1100 notes spread across more than 40 notebooks. I use it on Macbook Air (desktop App), Iphone 12 and Ipad. Recently I have been facing issues with synchronisation on iPhone and sometimes in iPad as well. Auto sync does not work at all on iPhone. I have to do it manually under settings. I have done everything. Uninstalled the app, restarted the device, emptied the bin, but nothing happened. This is very frustrating and also creates a problem in terms of meeting notes etc.. Please advise urgent resolution. 

I had raised the ticket but nothing happened. 

• Level 5

No advise in the classical way here, but we can share some ideas.

A) First I would like to get more specific with your syncing issue.

Is the problem that notes created on an iOS device is not syncing to the server ? If yes, have you checked this by looking at the server data through the web client ?

Or is the problem that notes created on other devices do not reach an iOS device ? Same question: Have you counter checked the server status of these notes ?

One is syncing up (to the server), the other is syncing down (from the server). These are different processes.

B )  In your list of actions, I miss the first level action: Log out of your account in the app. Then close the app, restart the iOS device, open the app again and log in. Some users even uninstall, but don’t log out before. If you didn’t log out yet, I think it is worth a try.

C) To create a sync, it should be enough to pull the notes list down a little with a finger, and let go. If there is anything to sync, this should do.

For starters I think these are enough ideas. Maybe we step on one cure for your problem while you try.

9 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

No advise in the classical way here, but we can share some ideas.

A) First I would like to get more specific with your syncing issue.

Is the problem that notes created on an iOS device is not syncing to the server ? If yes, have you checked this by looking at the server data through the web client ?

Or is the problem that notes created on other devices do not reach an iOS device ? Same question: Have you counter checked the server status of these notes ?

One is syncing up (to the server), the other is syncing down (from the server). These are different processes.

B )  In your list of actions, I miss the first level action: Log out of your account in the app. Then close the app, restart the iOS device, open the app again and log in. Some users even uninstall, but don’t log out before. If you didn’t log out yet, I think it is worth a try.

C) To create a sync, it should be enough to pull the notes list down a little with a finger, and let go. If there is anything to sync, this should do.

For starters I think these are enough ideas. Maybe we step on one cure for your problem while you try.

Thanks. The problem is mostly when created on desktop app and not syncing on the iOS device. I have tried the pulling down a little with finger (that was the 1st and standard thing). But yes I did not log out and then login/reinstall. Will try that as well. But I also come across a smaller problem, which I now think might be related, about offline notebooks. Even many of my notebooks are unable to download the content for offline viewing, immaterial of the number of notes.

• Level 5

Offline download is an issue in itself. It will only load while the app is active.

Turn off the autolockscreen in iOS settings.

Open EN, select 2-3 notebooks for download. I experienced it to choke when in this stage going on „All notebooks“.

Put the iOS device on a charger, maybe dim the screen and keep EN the active app. Let it run, for example over the night.

Or put it beside you while working, and select a next notebook once one is through.

After the initial download (if you loaded all) you can switch to „All notebooks“. It will usually keep it updated during normal app use.

And yes, this is a major PITA. I am not sure if it is an EN problem, or an iOS problem caused by the battery saving strategy.

• Like 1