Can't figure out how to make sure web clips wind up in proper notebook

For some reason my web clips are not going to my "inbox" notebook as they used to.  They are winding up in other notebooks.  I am using Windows v10 desktop and can't figure out how to direct the snipping tool to send the snips to the right place.  Currently I have Win+C as my snip key combo.  When I open up the snipping tool I do not see how to specify which folder to send snips to.  Also, don't see this option under Tools>Preferences on the v10 desktop.  What am I missing?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Web Clips should be coming from your browser and the Evernote Clipper extension,  not from the snipping tool.  Clipper has options to choose -or not- a destination notebook.

Thanks gazumped and pinkelephant.  I just realized that for some reason my default notebook had been reset to a different one.  I forgot that the settings could be found under the gear wheel next to my name.  It still confuses me that settings and preferences are divided into three different zones ie: the gear wheel>preferences, tools>preferences, and tools>account info.  Thanks again.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, idoc said:

Thanks gazumped and pinkelephant.  I just realized that for some reason my default notebook had been reset to a different one.  I forgot that the settings could be found under the gear wheel next to my name.  It still confuses me that settings and preferences are divided into three different zones ie: the gear wheel>preferences, tools>preferences, and tools>account info.  Thanks again.

It's worth noting that the default noebook is indicated in both the sidebar and the notebook view - although you do have to look quite hard at the icons to see it. You can also change the default notebook in the notebook view, as well as in the account settings.