10.40.9 - sync issues on Mac

For the second time tonight, if I add something to Evernote via Safari/Mac's Web Clipper, it just doesn't sync and show up in the app's notes. I have to close the app, wait a couple of minutes then reopen it and it shows up. I had about 10 clips earlier today that weren't there from 5-6 hours ago, when I went to use them; the close/reopen caused the sync.

Besides this problem, WHY OH WHY did Evernote take away the manual Sync button? Evernote can't make Sync reliable, why not give us the manual sync button back instead of some of the features that I sure will never use?

Getting frustrated with the unreliability of Evernote. A focus on quality vs. new features is warranted.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote get to see these posts eventually,  but if you are a subscriber with an issue,  why not reach out to Support directly?  They may not be aware of your precise situation,  and giving them a headsup,  plus access to your system logs,  will get the fix issued much sooner.  https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new

(We're mainly other users here...;))

• Evernote Expert

The web clipper works outside the various applications and tasks directly to the servers. So the first place to look is with the web browser. Are your clipper inside Evernote on the web? If so then that tells you that the sync to the desktop application isn't working correctly. If the clips are missing on the web then the issue is with your web clipper. I would uninstall and then reinstall whichever application isn't working. My guess is that the web clipper is at fault but you'll have to check with the browser interface.

• Level 5

About sync: The web clipper syncs through the API, directly to the server. No sync button ever had an influence on this.

To make EN Mac reload from the server, push the command key plus R. This will make it check on the server if anything new is there. This syncing option is available through the help menu as well: Hold down the opt/alt key before opening the help menu. There is an additional option „Troubleshooting“ at the end of the menu list, behind which you find the Reload option and more.

It may still take some minutes for a clip to show, because it needs to be processed by the server first. How fast depends on the queue on the server. You can check in the web client, which looks directly on the server data. You need to refresh the browser window every other second to see the latest changes. You can‘t expect this new content to show on each device in the same moment - it needs to transport the change there first.

Syncing all devices needs a little time - some patience is the best method to avoid hiccups. This was the same with the old clients - you just had a sensation of activity while the sync wheel was spinning. It took its time as well - pure psychology if you felt better watching it.

• Like 1