Evernote app self-closes after 2 seconds after open

Version: 7.14.1

(I'm on the Legacy version because the new versions since a few years ago removed most of the keyboard shortcuts that I frequently use.)

Every time I open Evernote app, it self-closes after 2 seconds, showing me a memory dump (attached).

I've been a paying customer of Evernote for over a decade. The app (on both Mac and iOS) has been getting more and more buggy in the past few years to the point of being unusable now. I feel betrayed.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, AdamDouglas said:

I feel betrayed.

Hi.  You've chosen to use an older,  no longer supported Evernote version on (presumably) current Operating systems - which maybe explains your experience a little;  Evernote may not be able to offer you much support unless you are prepared to upgrade to the (now much improved) v10 apps for your various devices,  but as a subscriber you're certainly entitled to ask for technical assistance - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  You've chosen to use an older,  no longer supported Evernote version on (presumably) current Operating systems - which maybe explains your experience a little;  Evernote may not be able to offer you much support unless you are prepared to upgrade to the (now much improved) v10 apps for your various devices,  but as a subscriber you're certainly entitled to ask for technical assistance - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new

I thought this is the place to ask for support for this exact version telling from the name of the forum -  Evernote for Mac Issues (Versions 7.14 and under)?

I've also explained why I'm on an older version - because things that used to work (like shortcuts) stopped working in EN 10.

• Level 5

This is not support, the forum is user2user.

All versions below v10 are end of life, deprecated and no longer officially supported. You can use them as they are, but with problems you may find an answer here, or need to install the new version.

I have both versions installed on my Mac, and both work. You don’t tell which MacOS. With uninstalling you just have a problem if you have any local notebooks.

If not get and use the app AppCleaner to erase the existing install. Caution: Notebooks not synced to the server will be gone !

You can reinstall the legacy client from this link:

BTW the new version has a ton of keyboard shortcuts, many are editable to work with other shortcuts installed.

If you don’t like the new version, staying on legacy is no long term solution. Switch to whatever other service while legacy is still working. You pay for the service you use - it is your decision.

• Evernote Expert

The application you've chosen to use hasn't been changed, updated our amended in any way since before the arrival of v10. If it has become unreliable you need to work out where there have been changes.

You can certainly ask for support but the answer will be that support is only given for the new versions. Legacy is left as it is.

You might like to take a look at v10. Things have changed since the earliest versions. It has many keyboard shortcuts - most exactly as in Legacy. The shortcuts can be changed to something that suits you better.

You can have Legacy and v10 installed together but note, if you are testing shortcuts you should temporarily disable global keyboard shortcuts in Legacy since they will clash with the same shortcuts in v10. You can re-enable them whenever you desire.