(Archived) Issues with WM5 client ink note

I've just played around a little with the ink note capability on the Windows Mobile 5 client and haven't used it extensively, but I have a few comments.

1) The "undo" button doesn't seem to do anything. If I hit it after writing, no ink disappears. If I hit it after using the knife tool, no ink reappears.

2) I have to start moving the stylus very quickly after touching the screen to keep from popping up the context menu. That doesn't happen to me when I'm writing an ink note in the built-in WM5 "Notes" application, so I presume there is something that the Evernote client can do to increase the delay.

3) The WM5 "Notes" ink note defaults to a 200% zoom, which allows for writing reasonable-sized text by hand. With the Evernote client, the lines are so close together it's impossible to write between them (especially given the propensity to pop up the context menu instead of inking -- a large movement is required to avoid the context menu, as well as starting quickly), and the resulting ink note has huge characters when viewed from the desktop client.

4) The context menu has a "Properties" selection, but if I select "Properties," nothing happens.

1) The "undo" button doesn't seem to do anything. If I hit it after writing, no ink disappears. If I hit it after using the knife tool, no ink reappears.

This seems to be fixed by the latest client (3.0.0.58) that just downloaded onto my phone this morning -- thanks!

I also like the change to the "Create" menu button to allow creation of photo and sound notes, as well as text and ink -- that saves a couple of steps along the way. (Why does the "Create" link on the page just go straight to text notes instead of giving a choice like the "Create" menu button?)

I also like the change to the "Create" menu button to allow creation of photo and sound notes, as well as text and ink -- that saves a couple of steps along the way.

I take that back, now that I've had a chance to try to use it. When I create a photo note (via the "snapshot" command on the "create" button menu), the camera on the phone comes up with the resolution set at 160x120 -- too small for anything, including business cards -- and the camera application won't let me change the resolution. This may be a quirk of the software on my phone (a Cingular 8525, aka HTC Hermes/Tytn, running Windows Mobile 5), so I don't know if there's anything Evernote can do about it. If not, though, the "snapshot" command is useless, so I have to go back to the more roundabout procedure of shooting the photo first and then identifying it in the "upload" dialog. No big deal, but being able to do it directly from the Evernote client was appealing.

Archived