Trying to Recover Something I accidentally Deleted in the process of Copy Pasting

I sadly have Evernote free so there is no way for me to access note history, even if I download the pro version now, my note history is gone.

Is there any ANY possible way to accessing the version of my note that existed 30 minutes ago (at 2pm BST on 20 July 2022), seeking help from the Evernote Team or any kind user. 

I accidentally deleted about 3 weeks worth of research and note-taking and I know it was dumb to take my notes on Evernote Free but I enjoyed the platform up until this moment. I am far past the option of control z working, as I did that and nothing happened, since I had engaged in another action before doing so. The note [for Evernote Team] is called "Module Readings] and it is all text, about 2000 words worth. 

Thank you so much for your help

-a devastated Uni student/researcher who just wants her work back 

• Level 5*

Hi. Actually Note History may help you if you can subscribe for even one month - and if you can subscribe you'll also have access to Evernote Support (which is not us - we're mainly fellow users around here...).  Evernote's 'history' backups happen to all accounts regardless of subscription - it's just that only subscribers have access.

Some tips for the future...

1. Short notes are much better than long notes where a single mistake can (as you all too well know) lose a big chunk of data.  Tie your notes together with tags or headings,  or keep a Table of Contents note listing the various elements.
  2. Backups are essential - again,  just in case of random errors,  have a separate local copy of your database somewhere.
  3. If you need to work on some existing long notes,  keep your own document history - duplicate a long note and save the original as v1.1,  then edit the content and save v1.2 and so on...

To activate the history,  just upgrade your account to 'personal' via Evernote.com - pay by month if you can and you'll be able to downgrade again if necessary once this is resolved.

While you can also try contacting support as a Free user,  I doubt their reply will be very hopeful - once data is deleted from a note it's pretty much gone except from any backup of the synced data.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, naomistudent said:

Please moderator approve this I really really need help

Before going to note history:

To me it is not absolutely clear from the description whether you erased a note, or you did an overwrite of the content of a note.

In first case you can go to the Trash, look for the note and reactivate it. This works with any account, Free as well.

In the second case you need to access note history. It is absolutely important here that you still have the note, be it in whatever state. A duplicate or copy will not do, because it has its own (mostly empty) note history.

For every note note history is running on all accounts. But access is a subscribers feature, and it will only work on a desktop client.

So if you need to recover content accidentally deleted or overwritten, subscribe for a month (or longer) and wait until your account status shows the change to "Personal". Then click on the note, click on the 3 dots top right, and choose "Note history" from the dropdown menu. You can set the note itself back to wherever you want, or you can create a copy of that note with an older status (hopefully with your content), and revive it. In this case the new note will not have a history itself, just the older version of what has been the notes content at that point in time.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
On 7/20/2022 at 5:36 PM, PinkElephant said:

For every note note history is running on all accounts. But access is a subscribers feature, and it will only work on a desktop client.

So if you need to recover content accidentally deleted or overwritten, subscribe for a month (or longer) and wait until your account status shows the change to "Personal".

I confirm, you just helped me to drift back from a multi-day mourning and internal breakdown session.. ;) I lost my whole 2022 diary (with personal and work related time logs, archived tasks, etc ,etc, one of my most valuable asset..  I managed to restore it exactly by following your guide. Thank you very much. 1 mth Personal pack purchased. Evernote desktop did the import. It's a cool feature that Evernote proactively do backups for free accounts as well. I guess this decision helped to reduce the number of sue attempts that people tried to hand agains Evernote in such loss cases.. :) 

Anyways in my case the problem was that my laptop ran out of memory and disk space and it crashed the browser i guess and it caused the full erase of my currently opened note's content. Yes it's important that the note was there, but empty. But as you said, it's backup history was intact. I lost about half an hour of work and data. Literally nothing.

❤️ Best wishes,
W

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1