Evernote deleted all my changes

I worked on a note on my PC, switched to another note (so the first one should have been synced), worked on the second note for a while and left the computer. Hours later when I accessed the FIRST note that was supposed to be synced, the mobile app loaded an older version, overwrote all the changes I had made, didn't give me a duplicate note and I lost all the work I did. This has happened multiple times, what's going on? Doesn't give me much confidence to become a paid user when even the bare basics aren't working. I just love doing the same work multiple times, it's absolutely lovely.

Anything I can do to recover the lost work besides "pay us to access history, because our software isn't working properly"?

On 7/15/2022 at 5:47 PM, Pinsukka said:

Doesn't give me much confidence to become a paid user when even the bare basics aren't working.

The scenario you describe is actually one of the *exact* reasons that I upgraded my legacy Plus account to Personal because Plus users don't have the note history feature either and I wanted it.

On 7/15/2022 at 5:47 PM, Pinsukka said:

Anything I can do to recover the lost work besides "pay us to access history, because our software isn't working properly"?

That sentiment makes sense to me because one time (before I had access to restore note history) I lost some note content due to what I think was a syncing issue -- it was not fault of my own.

But, unfortunately, I think we both know the answer to that question. =(

EN is working on a major sync overhaul this year, so hopefully syncing will improve greatly, but unfortunately that won't help you to recover lost work from in the past.

• Evernote Expert

I'm not sure that the note history function will help. If the original content was never syncronised then it won't be in the history.

You could take a one month subscription but there is nothing else to suggest for someone on the Free plan. It is free for a reason - not least that support costs money. That would be where you could go to raise the issue.  So you could consider a one month subscription and that will give you access to support as well as note history.

For a business critical application it is well worth the fee - around two cups of coffee out at your favourite shop.

• Like 1