Images won’t upload anymore from Mac

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

I’m running the latest Evernote Mac (10.40.9) and there’s still 97% of my monthly Evernote Personal contingent available. Yet any JPEG beyond a very small size (8 KB) won’t upload and lands in the «Failed Uploads» folder in the Finder. The images are way smaller than the 200 MB limit per note (< 1 MB). All I see in the note then is the small rotating circle icon.

I moved the images to my Dropbox and on my tablet I exported them to the Android Evernote app and it worked fine. So it doesn’t seem to be a problem with my account but with the Mac client and/or my computer. I’ve already tried the usual like logging out and in again and restarting the system. Any ideas?

Edit: I also tried adding the images via Evernote Web in my browser (Firefox 102.0.1), but that didn’t work either. It tried to sync for about half a minute before displaying a message that the upload failed.

Either drag-and-drop or copy-paste into the note. The images are displayed in the note at first but after a few seconds they appear in the «Failed Uploads» folder. The next time I open the note only the rotating circle icon is displayed.

• Level 5

You don’t exactly tell from where you try to copy the picture. From what I can read between the lines it seems not from the Photos app, but from a Finder folder.

What happens if you open the note, place the cursor and then use the „attachment“ option behind the blue + to select and add the pictures ? The pictures option would do the same, to import from Photos.

This is to explore if the pictures work at all, and just the copy & paste is handicapped.

17 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

What happens if you open the note, place the cursor and then use the „attachment“ option behind the blue + to select and add the pictures ? The pictures option would do the same, to import from Photos.

Ok, I tried both «attachment» and «photo» with identical results – after a few seconds the image is moved to the «Failed Uploads» folder again. And yes, I try to embed images from a Finder folder, not the Photos app.

I’ve attached the lastest log entry, maybe that helps.

Evernote_Log_Entry_07_16_22.txt

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution

This issue feels like it is going to be firewall, VPN or other issue. I really don't it will be the Evernote application since this is the only instance of this being reported. While you are waiting for sorry to respond you could try temporarily disabling the various security settings to see if they assist. Also connecting via a different network... Instead of the normal WiFi or LAN try using a mobile hotspot.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, agsteele said:

This issue feels like it is going to be firewall, VPN or other issue.

Ok, I think that helped. I was confused because on all other devices in the same network (Android, iOS) Evernote kept working like usual. Only on the MacBook it didn’t. I restarted the router and that seems to have fixed it. I didn’t change any settings on the computer or the router but somehow the latter seemed to block it. That that hiccup occured right after updating Evernote sent me on the wrong trail. Thanks for helping!

• Like 1