Purchasing Evernote upgrade via Skitch - Takes payment, doesn't deliver

First, I'm running macOS Monterrey. Fully patched. Skitch is v. 2.9. I do not use Evernote anywhere else other than within Skitch.

Upon running out of screen capture space, I was presented with an offer to upgrade at $6 a month or $50 a year for Evernote Premium.  i clicked the link and was taken to the App Store to log in with my AppleID to complete the annual purchase for $50. 

The charge completed, and I received an email notification from Apple confirming the purchase. However, Skitch does not show me as being upgraded - it still presents the same screen and offer to upgrade. I also logged in to Evernote online to verify my account status and it still lists me as being on the free plan.

Upon researching these forums, perhaps some of the reason it isn't working is because the Premium plan it sold me is not longer offered. 

I also noticed there hasn't been any app updates in over TWO YEARS. Is this a dead app that should be removed from the Mac App Store? If Skitch/Evernote is taking payment for something that cannot be delivered, it's clearly an indictment on the lack of development and support. So, I thought I'd try here before throwing in the towel. 

• Level 5

Contact support about the upgrade issue - just note that you made a contract with Apple, not with EN. EN support may try to help you through, but it may require an interaction with Apple as well. Follow the link, choose „Billing % Payments“ as ticket type.

That the Skitch app is not on afterburner regarding updates is nothing new. You can check the update history in the AppStore before buying. EN purchased it several years ago, made a lukewarm integration, and just keeps it afloat. I am not sure if there is even anybody at EN devs actively thinking about lifting Skitch anywhere.

The Premium subscription is not on sale any more - I think they just keep it in the AppStore because existing subscribers are allowed to prolong. The Premium-level is now called Personal, for the same price. With your use case you basically just „bought“ the larger upload limit per month - 10GB instead of 60MB per 30 days. Personal can do much more for you, but you must know whether you want to make use of it.

Any purchase through one of the stores can take a day or so to trickle through the systems involved. To see you account status, you sometimes need to log out and back in. As I said, Premium is not sold any more, so I hope the subscription did not end up in a dry branch when it was matched with your prior subscription, and did not meet a grandfathered Premium account. But support should be able to tell.

• Like 1